PDA

View Full Version : Locking/alarm questions

mitch2k
07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Howdy folks,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to auto-lock the doors while driving? I know with later models, you can configure that when you drive 20 km/h, the doors get locked, so you can't get carjacked...

I also wanna know if it possible to auto-arm the alarm when locking with the remote. I have an IR keyless entry. Now, when locking, I first push the first button to lock, then the second button to arm the alarm. Is this possible that I only have to use one button?

Thanks for the info guys!

VentoGT
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
1. Move your left elbow 1.5MM to the left and back on the drivers door.
2. Put pressure on elbow
3. Enjoy locked doors

mitch2k
07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
1. Move your left elbow 1.5MM to the left and back on the drivers door.
2. Put pressure on elbow
3. Enjoy locked doors

Haha lolz :D

You are right, and I normally do this. But a while ago, i've forgotted it and and some ******* tried to carjack me... God I love pepperspray :D

gmannino
07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
I dont know about the factory alarm. I'm not familiar if it has programming features or not. THe only other way is to add a aftermarket alarm to it. and you will have all those features you just mentioned and more.

mitch2k
07-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Are there anu aftermarket alarm systems out there who can give me those features?
And if possible, with still using my original IR bmw key? I hate those Audio lookalike keys...

Alexlind123
07-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Pepper spraying a car-jacker sounds like fun...