PDA

View Full Version : Radio Model

jnmip
07-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know the brand of the stock radio in a 93 525i.? The label shows model # CM5901L.

It came with the car from the PO and I would like to reinstall it for the stock look. I'm trying to get the code off the net but the sites I found need the brand. And no I don't have a stealer near by and they won't give out the code over the phone. :)

I tried searching the forum but came up blank and Bentley doesn't cover it.

Thanks

gmannino
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
The brand is BMW. I dont know who they contract out to actually make it but they are reffered to by "BMW radio's"

GJPinAU
07-12-2006, 07:49 PM
A lot of the original radios were from a company called Becker

Yiorgos
07-12-2006, 08:52 PM
There is a trick that you could use to grab the manufacturer, you press a couple of buttons together for 3-4 seconds and the manufacturer will appear in the LCD... probably not much help for you though since you don't have the radio installed.

Most manufacturers are either Alpine or Pioneer IIRC, you could try those two manufacturers with the code generating app and see how you go.

genphreak
07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Most manufacturers are either Alpine or Pioneer IIRC, you could try those two manufacturers with the code generating app and see how you go.Also; Blaupunkt and Eurovox so spice up the mix!

Yiorgos
07-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Sorry to bring up an old-ish thread, came across this page which may be of some interest to you jnmip:

http://www.bmw-540i.com/1995-540i-cd-changer/index.php

This page lists the CM5901 to be an Alpine head unit -- your model number has an L at the end of it, but I doubt it to be anything other than an Alpine.

Hope this has helped you, and good luck!

jnmip
07-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Sorry to bring up an old-ish thread, came across this page which may be of some interest to you jnmip:

http://www.bmw-540i.com/1995-540i-cd-changer/index.php

This page lists the CM5901 to be an Alpine head unit -- your model number has an L at the end of it, but I doubt it to be anything other than an Alpine.

Hope this has helped you, and good luck!

That was of great help......thanks much :D

That's why i love this forum almost as much as my E34.