PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline 22mm rear swaybar officially available

BigKriss
07-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Around aud$265. (http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/124_new.pdf)

632 Regal
07-12-2006, 09:48 AM
22mm, isn't that overkill for non track cars?

Alexlind123
07-12-2006, 12:13 PM
I have seen one larger than that shear off.

BillionPa
07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
i just got the Whiteline 27 on this morning, and im running the mtech nbring 20mm in the back.

WOW what a difference.

I installed the 20 first, and it seemed a little more stable, but the front bar made all the difference.

on one particular corner I could go about 50 with stock setup, no tire squeal, added the rear bar up to 55, with the front bar, also about 55+ (i will probably rip the tires off at 65), but the car is significantly easier to steer and pretty much doesnt bank at all.

there is no increase in ride harshness that i can see.

BigKriss
07-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Nice one. I like how they have their own forum (http://suspensionparts.info/index.php) so you can ask them anythign on their current product range. Most dudes that I hear about run an 20mm adjustable aftermarket rear bar on the firmest setting, I don't see why 22mm is too large but time will tell. BillionPa, how much oversteer do you get?

i just got the Whiteline 27 on this morning, and im running the mtech nbring 20mm in the back.

WOW what a difference.

saj3n
07-12-2006, 11:33 PM
I've heard some about sway bars, and read a little about them, but not too much. Had a few questions.

1. Main Purpose?
2. Any drawbacks?
3. Size/Measurements for Front & Rear Swaybars for 95/530i

rob101
07-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I've heard some about sway bars, and read a little about them, but not too much. Had a few questions.

1. Main Purpose?
2. Any drawbacks?
1. reduce body roll and therefore increase grip (mainly mid corner) and allow you to tune oversteer/ understeer via f/r roll stiffness bias (more rear bar than front = oversteer more front bar than rear = understeer)(thats an generalisation but....... i can't explain it without going into psycho jargon)
2. drawbacks similar to stiffening the springs, harsher ride.
No idea.

saj3n
07-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Thanks! Makes me want to gather a new toy...

Robin-535im
07-14-2006, 09:07 AM

1. Main Purpose?
2. Any drawbacks?
To add to Rob's answers... a stiffer sway bar is probably the most dramatic increase in cornering ability of any single upgrade. It ties the two sides of the car so that the car won't roll in a turn, and turns your big floaty sedan into a tight sports car. Personally, I've never been in a car with TOO MUCH sway bar, the more the better.

Bruno's site lists sizes of various sway bar choices. Whiteline is pretty stiff in comparison.

BillionPa
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
530 stock is 15 rear 23 front. Optimal replacement seems to be 20 rear 26 front.

since i have stock wheels and old SNOW tires on, i cant really tell about the oversteer and understeer changes, only that if doesnt roll nearly as much.

Eventually I will get new subframe mounts and delrin plates along with rear wheel bearings, but untill then im not gonna go nuts and "see what it can do" because the tires just arent up to the task.