PDA

View Full Version : Did all E34's come pre-wired for OEM Alarm/keyless?

uflnuceng
07-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Well... I spent an hour this hot and muggy afternoon installing my OEM Alarm/wireless kit in the 1990 535i. The instructions that came with the kit were actually pretty awesome.

1. Templates allowed me to drill the holes,
2. Installed the module on the driver's side rear seat fuse cover under,
3. Lifted up the carpet and ran the mic and LED stuff, easy,
4. Plugged in the antenna and mic, no prob
5. Plugged in the wiring harness keyless/alarm module, done
6. Plug other end of wiring harness into 12-pin adaptor and 1-pin hood sensor... hmmm... where the heck is it?

There are some wires near the battery, but nothing 12 pin looking that isn't hooked into something already. There is a black cover that looks like there is a ton of wires behind, do I have to get behind there? I can take pictures tomorrow if needed, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to go down this road. Once I hook that stuff in its just a matter of testing the system, which seems fairly straight forward.

Also my car has the OBC, and I'm assuming it means it has the whole OBC system which has a "horn" supposedly which doesn't require the installation of the siren. I'm not exactly sure where horn is in the engine bay for the OBC system... any hints?

Thanks in advance

BillionPa
07-11-2006, 11:58 PM
if you look where the alternator air duct is, its on the mirror image side, about a foot back behind the front bumper. Looks like a small flat 2032 battery.

uflnuceng
07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Anyone know about the pre-wire stuff?

RTV
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Anyone know about the pre-wire stuff?

There were some models that didn't come with pre-wire. Installed an alarm in mine. didnt have the pre-wired conector, but all the wires can be found under there.

http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/Upgrade/KeylessEntry.htm