PDA

View Full Version : New French Lights and a little something else

E30Bimmer
07-10-2006, 10:34 PM
The new French ellipsoids, and the M3 ( Dad's). Pics suck I know. I need to get a different camera and try using a tri pod. I jus said I would finally get these out once and for all and shoot some pics after a quick wash.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/E30Bimmer/HPIM1075.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/E30Bimmer/HPIM1077.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/E30Bimmer/HPIM1073.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e356/E30Bimmer/HPIM1079.jpg

Macv
07-10-2006, 10:42 PM
Nice pictures, I noticed one thing though... Are your emblems (in the wheels) yellow?

E30Bimmer
07-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Nice pictures, I noticed one thing though... Are your emblems (in the wheels) yellow?

shhh... I need new ones all around. I know.

SC David
07-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I think those first few sentences need some work, unless you have a severe form of alziemers, in which case I'll stop harrassing you :)

Looks like it...I ordered some new ones for mine, and it really helped make the car look new again.

Alexlind123
07-11-2006, 01:56 AM
nice car i like the headlights more pictures better good

Triton540i
07-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Très bien! :)

CharlesAFerg
07-11-2006, 03:17 AM
(with fillers?) YAY! I made it work!
......________
"=./_________\.="
./_____||_____\
{|OO [_][_] OO|}
.\o=========o/

......________
"=./_________\.="
./_____||_____\
{|OO \_][_/ OO|}
.\o=========o/

Très bien! :)

NOTE- My experiments... :p
________
"=./_________\.="
/_____||_____\
{|OO \_][_/ OO|}
\o=========o/

EDIT- Damnit well it worked when spaces were in it X-O

EDITx2- Narrow grill!

________
"=./_________\.="
/_____||_____\
{|OO [_][_] OO|}
\o=========o/

Airborne001
07-11-2006, 05:06 AM
I was just wondering if adding French lights to a German car could cause it to periodically throw itself into reverse? Or do the headlights pull the car along faster trying to get away from the chassis?

ThoreauHD
07-11-2006, 05:14 AM
Hahaha.. Airborne might be referencing a lil history there- or maybe it's the present.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/kball2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/francecry.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/deja_vu.jpg

Bruce Kennett
07-11-2006, 08:01 AM
over in the citroen world, where all the french-spec cars carried yellow lights for many decades, there are stories of cars here in the u.s. being ticketed for having yellow lamps. i had them on my 1972 DS21, but since that car had antique plates, i was able to talk my way out of the one time i was stopped. but there were others who had to swap out their yellows and replace with whites, because the local justice merchants required it. i just hope new york cops will nver give you a hard time where that is a newer model and not yet qualified as an antique. i really love the function of the yellow lights and in the time i was living in france i could see the value ofg it -- you couldn;t see quite as well as with bright white, but man oh man the glare coming from oncoming cars was so much less bothersome!

one of the truly stupid things the USDOT did back in the 60s and 70s was to make the glass fairings illegal on the DS21 and also the jaguar e-type. instead, the US cars had to be imported with sealed beams. i suppose this way the GE lobbyists were satisfied, but the exposed non-streamlined areas were not only less aerodynamic, they were also traps to collect water, etc.

the picture shows the DS headlight array with its glass fairing. the high beams (closer to the center of the car) are tied to the steering wheel, so as you charge around a tight curve at night, the high beams light the road ahead instead of the cow pasture off to the side. a very wonderful feature of these cars.

bruce

bigmuthatrucker
07-11-2006, 08:40 AM
french headlights make me have to pee...

Kulasstar
07-11-2006, 05:33 PM
where might one get some of these french lights?

e39dream
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
is there an echo in the original post? is there an echo in the original post? is there an echo in the original post?

M.Wenzel
07-11-2006, 07:15 PM
hot damn the e30 m3 is just about the sexiest thing i've ever laid my eyes on. i'm just going to have to make it my next car.

E30Bimmer
07-11-2006, 09:25 PM
over in the citroen world, where all the french-spec cars carried yellow lights for many decades, there are stories of cars here in the u.s. being ticketed for having yellow lamps. i had them on my 1972 DS21, but since that car had antique plates, i was able to talk my way out of the one time i was stopped. but there were others who had to swap out their yellows and replace with whites, because the local justice merchants required it. i just hope new york cops will nver give you a hard time where that is a newer model and not yet qualified as an antique. i really love the function of the yellow lights and in the time i was living in france i could see the value ofg it -- you couldn;t see quite as well as with bright white, but man oh man the glare coming from oncoming cars was so much less bothersome!

bruce

Well I know in New York state they are illegal. I live in a small town upstate New York. Driving this car now I realize that these ligths draw a lot of attention including police at night particularly. Everyone will slow down or look at the car more. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, especially after I install the HID kit behind it. I also specifically made sure that they were aimed very low. For anyone wondering, yes, the euro spec lights do put out more light than the US spec lights.

angrypancake
07-11-2006, 10:18 PM

one of the truly stupid things the USDOT did back in the 60s and 70s was to make the glass fairings illegal on the DS21 and also the jaguar e-type. instead, the US cars had to be imported with sealed beams. i suppose this way the GE lobbyists were satisfied, but the exposed non-streamlined areas were not only less aerodynamic, they were also traps to collect water, etc.

the picture shows the DS headlight array with its glass fairing. the high beams (closer to the center of the car) are tied to the steering wheel, so as you charge around a tight curve at night, the high beams light the road ahead instead of the cow pasture off to the side. a very wonderful feature of these cars.

bruce

I've had mine in for a couple months, no isses with the cops, been pulled over too. Didn't hassle me about it.

Matt- awesome looking dude. And teh m3, well, ummm yeah. /hate.

angrypancake
07-11-2006, 10:18 PM
where might one get some of these french lights?

PM me