PDA

View Full Version : F1 News: Juan Pablo Montoya is quitting F1 for Nascar!!!!!

SharkmanBMW
07-10-2006, 04:22 PM
links to Montoya's future

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36579&PO=36579

Frank Williams pays tribute to his discovery as Juan Montoya announces
return to the US.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Controller.aspx?PO_ID=36580

Montoya explains why he is quitting F1 for NASCAR and what he hopes to
achieve.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Controller.aspx?PO_ID=36582

SharkmanBMW
07-10-2006, 04:24 PM
sadly, Jaques Villeneuve is reportedly doing the same

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AngQv_SNSuAuqhAeKmxQdj3ov7YF?slug=mz-rumblestrips070806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

GoldenOne
07-10-2006, 04:28 PM
I guess they spoke to Ricky Bobby...what a convincing fellow

mikell
07-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Will he have to change his name to "Darrell", "Bobby", "Bubba", "Booger" or something like that? And, what about the accent? You think maybe NASCAR sees this as a way to get into the latino market - Races on Telemundo?

Whatever, it is really the right place for a guy like JPM who likes to feel contact in a race.

SharkmanBMW
07-10-2006, 05:22 PM
This is a way to get the market south of the border.
That has been acknowledged by someone I just can't remember where I read it.
Surely, not the only reason, but one of them.
Juan wanted to RACE, he will fit in there, after all ... rubbin' is racin' in Nascrap!

Ross
07-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Poor JPM. Fact is he never made the splash in F-1 he hoped to. Kimi regularly outran him in the same car. I suspect he's leaving because there is no longer a place for him in F-1.
Watching his reaction after driving Jeff Gordon's car a couple years back it's tough to imagine him being too excited about this. Quite a step down. He can still collect a paycheck here apparently and probably thinks he's superior. He is a whiner and may fit right in.
As for Jacque, well maybe he ought to just to endurance racing where at least he could maintain some dignity.
I hope these guys do well though or us F-1 fans will never hear the end of it from all the nosepicking NASCAR commentators.

Ross
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Booger ha-ha-ha! How about Johnny P. and maybe Jocko New Village?

Elekta
07-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Juan Pabby? That's a pretty good neck name

ryan roopnarine
07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
juan pablo? doesn't he own the mexican grocery store down ther' that sells the cane sugar coca-colas?

Robert K
07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
I was shocked. I can't imagine stepping out of the best ride on the planet into a stock car. Who knows exactly why he did it. I suppose it will be interesting to see who fills his and Jacque's seats. It has been kind of nice lately to see the Ferraris giving the Renaults a run for their money. It's always a lot more exciting to have a close driver's race down to the end. I believe Schumacher's only 18 or 19 points away from Fernando. I have to admit that I've been very surprised that Kimi hasn't been much of a contender this year. It would really be nice to see him, Fernando and Michael fighting it out. But, there's still plenty of season left.

Grace and peace,

Robert K
1991 535i

Triton540i
07-11-2006, 03:40 AM
At least it wasn't Ralph Schumacher! I can live without Montoya in F1, but without the Schumacher boys... ah... nada!

Besides... who wants to hear about Montoya whining about crap and displacing the blame on other drivers when it's his crazy driving anyway? Maybe 20 million is too much car for a person that wants to drive ghetto instead?!

Silly Montoya...

-Eric (Sorry... it's now almost 4:00 am, I REALLY need to get to sleep!!!!)

DaCan23
07-11-2006, 09:45 AM
He's only going to Nascar because he knew Mclaren was gonna fire him and nobody else in F1 wants the A-Hole.

Nascar announcement Sunday, then firing announcement yesterday

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=6&id=2515956

mikell
07-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Wait 'til next season - Kimi in a Ferrari!!

DaCan23
07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I wonder who will pickup Massa, he's a good driver, but Kimi is the future of Ferrari after Michael retires. W/ Alonso going to Mclaren, maybe Renault will pickup Massa. I still cant imagine why Alonso would go to Mclaren, but from what I've heard, its always been his dream to drive for them.

Ross
07-11-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't see Massa in the front of the grid or Renault much longer. I hope Schumi stays on with Kimi, they are the best two drivers and Ferrari is coming back on form.
If '07 is one tire supplier the boys in red cars are going to crush everyone!

nizmainiac
07-11-2006, 04:25 PM
lewis hamilton will get juan pablo's seat at Mclaren. he is extremley talented and been a protoge of ron dennis scince he was in go karts

nizmainiac
07-11-2006, 04:34 PM
juan pablo has been released from his duties at Mclaren bringing up pedro de la rosa for the next race , lewis hamilton and current dtm champion gary paffet are waiting in the wings to see who gets the drive after that, my money is on lewis hamilton