PDA

View Full Version : central lock problem! PLEASE HELP!

marko
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
my english is bad, but I try to explain my problem. Baterie on my 524td was emty so I put a new one and then I have problem. My remote is ok and I can to turn on, and turn of alarm but central lock system doesn't work. Can be fuse? PLEASE HELP!!!

DanH
07-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I didnt understand everything you wrote, but I'll try answer your questions...

Check the fuses under the rear seat. There are 3 of them for the central locking system IIRC.

Have you tried both doors and the rear trunk locks with your key?

Give more information about how your locks don't work. Do they not move at all, or require to be locked twice to work?

Qube
07-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Heh. I had the same problem today. This is what I did.

Get out of car
Remote lock car
Alarm armed but locks did NOTHING
Use key to lock car
Only that side locked (driver door)
Could not unlock with key... but DIDN'T try emergency unlock
Unlock door by going in back and pulling pin
Get in car and close all doors
Put key and turn ignition to position 1
Push pin and all doors locked centrally (!)
Pull pin and unlock all doors
Take out key from ignition, get out of car
Remote lock car
Works fine now

Though something may be wrong, I'm just going to chalk it up to car quirkyness for the moment. Maybe you need to resync your locks? Do a search.

Espen
07-10-2006, 05:31 PM
After a loss of power(shogun reset) I have to do manually close and open with the know before my remote works again, i think this is normal.

Try Qube`s procedure.

marko
07-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Thank's for everything but I did't fix my problem yet. When I push my key into the door I do not have any reaction. Now I will try with fuses.

shogun
07-11-2006, 02:34 AM
Marko,

what built year is yoyr car?
Do you have a IF (infrared) or a RF (radio frequency) remote control.

You said, you disconnected the battery. That could mean you have to reprogram the remote control too, as it (at least the receiver of the remote control) had no power too.
Try to re-program the remote control, see owners manual.
I assume you have the original remote control from BMW and no after market model.

marko
07-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Thank yuo again, all of you! I fix my problem. My new batery has been half empty and on my (on boar compyter) is beeping "low batery" and I think that is a problem because if car lock the door possibly later he wouldn't open it. Now central lock system is doing OK, batery is full! My english is bad very. thank you again!!!!