PDA

View Full Version : Need to find wire from alternator to battery light!

Jon K
07-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Don't ask, this is really weird, but I need to know where I can find the wire (preferably at the ECU or somewhere NOT behind the gauge clutser) that feeds the battery charge light on the gauge cluster.

Bill R.
07-08-2006, 09:46 AM
port (Data link connector pin 12) as seen here or from the unloader relay... Personally i'd go from the unloader relay since its on the other side of that decoupling diode

Don't ask, this is really weird, but I need to know where I can find the wire (preferably at the ECU or somewhere NOT behind the gauge clutser) that feeds the battery charge light on the gauge cluster.

Jon K
07-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Bill - which one is the unloader relay in the car? I think I want to go with terminal 4 from the unload relay, correct? which is actually the 85B terminal... sound good? Where in the enginebay/elsewhere is that relay?

What is the purpose of unloading relay? I am having an issue with my aftermarket ECU staying on for a bit after I remove the key, cause the car to run but sputter out eventually with the key out - someone suggested putting a diode on that wire or cutting it all together - i am not sure if this is even going to change my issue or not, but I figure its worth a shot.

Bill R.
07-08-2006, 10:11 AM
relay 61

Bill - which one is the unloader relay in the car? I think I want to go with terminal 4 from the unload relay, correct? which is actually the 85B terminal... sound good? Where in the enginebay/elsewhere is that relay?

What is the purpose of unloading relay? I am having an issue with my aftermarket ECU staying on for a bit after I remove the key, cause the car to run but sputter out eventually with the key out - someone suggested putting a diode on that wire or cutting it all together - i am not sure if this is even going to change my issue or not, but I figure its worth a shot.

Jon K
07-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks - doesnt that uncoupling diode kind of defeat what I am trying to do?

Bill R.
07-08-2006, 10:32 AM
data link connector instead

Thanks - doesnt that uncoupling diode kind of defeat what I am trying to do?

Jon K
07-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Hrm I dunno - kind of confused now.

Bill R.
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
want that 12 volt power from that fuse on the other side of the dashlight.

Hrm I dunno - kind of confused now.

BillionPa
07-08-2006, 05:21 PM
hmm speaking of wierd electrical stuff, whats the data link connector pins to the LKM? block that off, and no more "low beam" message on HID installs without using relays!

winfred
07-08-2006, 08:34 PM
ahhh bill beat me to it on the etm shot