PDA

View Full Version : what tools to remove m-tech skirts?

wjbell
07-07-2006, 08:38 PM
I found someone parting out a 95 530 with a bad tranny and am getting a screamin deal on the side skirts... $20 each!

How do they come off and what tools do I need?

TIA

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
07-07-2006, 08:47 PM
I found someone parting out a 95 530 with a bad tranny and am getting a screamin deal on the side skirts... $20 each!

How do they come off and what tools do I need?

TIA

Clips along the bottom of rocker panel come apart using a small flat screwdriver to remove the ratchet inserts. The rear is held by two push pins - drive out the center to remove.

The upper edge is held by a series of push pins that just snap out starting from the rear inside door opening. Use a medium flat blade wrapped in masking tape to pry out the rearmost pin, then pop out the rest by tilting the panel outwards and use the screwdriver to prise against the inner rocker.

The front edge hooks over the lip of the front fender, hence it is the last to be removed (and first to be installed).

Doors open/closed to suit access.

HTH,

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-07-2006, 08:54 PM
That'll get em off

HDhandyman
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
You should read Whit Lowell's attachment procedure, and just go in reverse.

go here:

http://www.bmw4life.com/mTechSkirts.htm

wjbell
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks. I hope the person comes through and calls me in the morning to meet. It's a pretty good deal.

Clips along the bottom of rocker panel come apart using a small flat screwdriver to remove the ratchet inserts. The rear is held by two push pins - drive out the center to remove.

The upper edge is held by a series of push pins that just snap out starting from the rear inside door opening. Use a medium flat blade wrapped in masking tape to pry out the rearmost pin, then pop out the rest by tilting the panel outwards and use the screwdriver to prise against the inner rocker.

The front edge hooks over the lip of the front fender, hence it is the last to be removed (and first to be installed).

Doors open/closed to suit access.

HTH,