PDA

View Full Version : OMG, my car has a hole in it?

HDhandyman
07-07-2006, 07:01 PM
So, I've been experiencing extra heat in my car, even with A/C blowing. Checked with my Indy and we fixed a boot under my shifter...was kicking out lots of heat and cooking the center console--no longer a problem. Still experienceing some extra heat. Today I wore sandals for the first time and what do you know, there's a big ass hole surrounding my steering column around the bolt that needs tightening from time to time. Was a shitty duck tape cover-up. Total diameter is about 4 inches, what do I do? Thanks

joshua43214
07-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I think you need part number 8.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&btnr=32_0390&hg=32&fg=30

did replace the steering column or maybe the rack and left it out?

HDhandyman
07-07-2006, 08:04 PM
no, I didn't do any steering column work---thanks for info about the "cup". I think maybe P.O. left it out. Does that mean I'm going to have to completely disassemble the steering column now? :( Thanks

HDhandyman
08-02-2006, 10:30 AM
good news update:

I was down there this morning having a look see and I discovered that part number 8 was in fact there, just pushed forward into the chasis. Seems the P.O. lost it and just decided to duck tape over it. I didn't find it until I went to inspect the O2 sensor, and I've probably passed it several times, just hadn't put two and two together yet. Took a little bit of effort to nudge it back into place, but now it's as snug as a bug in a rug. No more hot air. Thanks Josh!

Rigmaster
08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
good news update:

I was down there this morning having a look see and I discovered that part number 8 was in fact there, just pushed forward into the chasis. Seems the P.O. lost it and just decided to duck tape over it. I didn't find it until I went to inspect the O2 sensor, and I've probably passed it several times, just hadn't put two and two together yet. Took a little bit of effort to nudge it back into place, but now it's as snug as a bug in a rug. No more hot air. Thanks Josh!

Glad you got it taken care of, cold weather will be here soon and you look like you might get a draft with that air leak there- based on your sig pic :)

CharlesAFerg
08-02-2006, 01:15 PM
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8096/jeffkinyl2.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!!