PDA

View Full Version : A/C Saga Continues...Not blowing very cold

GoldenEagleFan
07-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Sorry for the continued posting..

Just replaced condensor, drier, compressor, vacuumed and recharged with 3.4 pounds of R134 at indy. Realized the aux fan wasn't working, replaced that. (Thanks to BMA, overnight and only charged me $20.00 shipping).

Still doesn't blow very cold.

I noticed the fan clutch is probably on it's way out as I can stop it with the bristles of my snow brush when warm. Could this be degrading my A/C performance? Heater valves seem to be functionong properly, microfilter is only 3 months old.

Any thoughts?

Bill R.
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
replaced. If the expansion valve isn't working correctly then it won't cool well even if everything else is correct. What are your high and low side pressures and at what ambient temperature?

Sorry for the continued posting..

Just replaced condensor, drier, compressor, vacuumed and recharged with 3.4 pounds of R134 at indy. Realized the aux fan wasn't working, replaced that. (Thanks to BMA, overnight and only charged me $20.00 shipping).

Still doesn't blow very cold.

I noticed the fan clutch is probably on it's way out as I can stop it with the bristles of my snow brush when warm. Could this be degrading my A/C performance? Heater valves seem to be functionong properly, microfilter is only 3 months old.

Any thoughts?

GoldenEagleFan
07-07-2006, 02:48 PM
at the indy at the time of charge was 150 psi at around 78F ambient. Unfortunately, I didn't think to look at the low side gage.

Bill R.
07-07-2006, 04:03 PM
highside would be in the neighborhood or 164 and the low side around 36, so on the high side your pretty close to nominal , if your low side was unusually low then i would say that the expansion valve is stuck in a more closed position and not letting enough refrigerant meter through. Other possible causes are a plugged up cabin filter not letting enough air across the evaporator or if the cabin filter is gone then a dirty evaporator not letting the heat transfer.

at the indy at the time of charge was 150 psi at around 78F ambient. Unfortunately, I didn't think to look at the low side gage.