PDA

View Full Version : How much labor is SOP for Eibach Springs?

ThoreauHD
07-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi,

I am trying to get an Eibach spring set put on my E34 and this indy is quoting me 6 hours of labor with accessories/shop supplies. Assuming it's 90/hour, it ends up being 500 bucks. Is this fair?

Also, do I need to get a front alignment and rear camber adjustment after the springs are replaced? Thank you.

Qube
07-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Heck no. If it's just for springs, look for about 3 hour install max. Lower if they have all the necessary tools and can do them easily like with a lift. An adjustment is definitely needed, but you'll want to wait until the springs have settled first, unless it's a crazy drop say over 1.5". In that case you'd still want to realign after things settle.

angrypancake
07-05-2006, 05:29 PM
it was $300 for me for a few small things and spring install. 2 and 1/4 hours labor charged.

ThoreauHD
07-05-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm getting various quotes from indy BMW people in the area, and they seem to hover between 450 and 500. I think I must live in hell. It's cheaper to drive out of state and put these damn things on. Rotten bastards.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/hell.gif

Burn in Hell!

BillionPa
07-05-2006, 11:33 PM
wtf, you dont even need a spring compressor on the fronts with eibachs.

although, make sure you have new mount nuts (12 total), and new top center nuts (2 front 2 back) since they are all self locking.

and i would go for new spring pads too.

you might as well get new rear mounts, but the front ones last a while longer.

depending on how much rust is down there, it could very well take that long.

and the brake lines and **** need to be disconnected in the front, and ABS sensors, and those 6 pesky bolts that hold the strut to the steering in the front.......

my car was in my garage for a while while i was getting all those off, took me a lot longer than 6 hours, but i didnt have an impact wrench.