PDA

View Full Version : Cappacino story from Yellowstone NP and wheels for Melbourne Australia

rph
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey you Aussie aficionados, if you know of anyone who has an original, loved, documented, and low mileage manual bimmer of just about any year or model up to about $20k, I may be interested. I know some of you have suggested a 540i, but a good one might be a bit out of my budget just now, until we get sorted out a bit. We are driving son-in-law's E34 temporarily, an '89 model, and it drives very well. It has 235k kms on the clock. Nothing like a good E34 is there?

My USA E34 was sold on eBay to Truett Ray, my mechanic at Shadetree Garage in Raleigh. He said he was bidding just to keep things chugging along. He got a very good deal. Sorry I haven't had time to fix my signature thingy yet. Our other BMW, a 1996 328i, was sold also to a guy in Raleigh, who came to Greenville an hour or so prior to the auction, and sat at our kitchen table with his laptop making bids, while I am on the other side of the table checking My EBay -- how bizarre!

We had a great few days in Wyoming, Idaho and Utah looking for Warren Jeffs, before making the big flight to Melbourne. Ya wanna hear a good "It could only happen in America" story? Well in Yellowstone National Park there are at least two food places that advertise Seattle's Best coffee, so I ask for a cappacino. They say, would you like French Vanilla or Hazelnut? I say, just a regular cappacino. They say, you can't have one. You can only have French Vanilla or Hazelnut!!!! Luckily at Canyon Village, where we stayed, we could get a straight up cappacino.

Started work at Deakin yesterday. Rosemary is sniffing around for a job. The grandbaby is delicious.

A guy down near Warrnambool has an M6 for sale, but I'm not sure I like the vibe. He imported it from the UK last September. It has Vic registration so it must be okay from that perspective. He wants $30k for it but I'm thinking more like 15-20. It was advertised in Unique Cars.

GJPinAU
07-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Keep borrowing the son-in-laws. ;)
Is he a part of OUR family?

Look at Carsales.com or Drive.com, the price of fuel at the mo would make me buy a later model 525.

No room for the baby bucket in an M6!

Glad to see you've arrived safe and sound.

cheers,
Greg

Zeuk in Oz
07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Welcome (back I believe, if memory serves).

BTW, best coffee in Oz at the moment, IMHO, is "grinders" - worth looking out for.

If you are interested in a nicer climate, Wollongong Uni is worth consideration for your next chair.

rph
07-09-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure if he signed up, but I have referred him to little nuggets from time to time.

Keep borrowing the son-in-laws. ;)
Is he a part of OUR family?

Look at Carsales.com or Drive.com, the price of fuel at the mo would make me buy a later model 525.

No room for the baby bucket in an M6!

Glad to see you've arrived safe and sound.

cheers,
Greg