PDA

View Full Version : 540 Pass door locked, wont open, WTF?

Loppy
07-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey fellas... My E34 decided to lock fine the last time, but when unlocking with remote, the front passenger door lock just stays down. OK, I'll pull the panel, nope. Door wont open either, even using the interior handle.

Any ideas on how to deal with this? I'm desperate, thanks.

Jehu
07-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I noticed this last night on mine but the door still opened manually with the key and still unlocked afterpulling the driver's door button up then pushing it down, locking all doors then opening with the latch/ handle from inside only the drivers door button appeared to remain in the down position while the others were up upon unlocking. My remote stopped working and i'm not certain yet weather its just the key battery of the receiver in the car.I'll update after i bring it in to the dealer. Now do they just put in a new battery or is there more involved? I assume the ship loses its memory if its battery is dead right?Will i need to order a whole new key from Deutschland before i can determine if the receiver is bad too?

Alexlind123
07-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Yea, do the lock resynchronizing feature thingy.

Loppy
07-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Jehu, thanks for hi-jacking my thread. :laughing:

Mine did that awhile back. It stuck down, and would not unlock, then for no reason it started working again. Worked fine for a couple of weeks, now it does not come up and I cant get the door open. :shrug:

Anyone? Bueller.... Bueller... ?

Jehu
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey Jehu, thanks for hi-jacking my thread. :laughing:

Mine did that awhile back. It stuck down, and would not unlock, then for no reason it started working again. Worked fine for a couple of weeks, now it does not come up and I cant get the door open. :shrug:

Anyone? Bueller.... Bueller... ?

No problem.. i just found it pecuilar you mentioned something i noticed last night in mine and thought maybe there was a connection since they're the same car, of which someone might have understanding.

rob101
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/Dogbytes/hijack.gif