PDA

View Full Version : Darwin strikes again...

SharkmanBMW
07-05-2006, 12:46 AM
Sadly for the 328, Darwin's law was out in full effect this 4th of July...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=380336

RockJock
07-05-2006, 12:49 AM
can you say complete "tool"?

ThoreauHD
07-05-2006, 12:53 AM
hehe.. Ehh.. What a complete dumbass. Front to back. The wreck doesn't seem to have made him any smarter either. Poor and stupid is no way to go through life, and I think he's the proof.

nuclearfusion
07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
The whole thing is hard to believe.

Hard to believe he (was dumb enough and) flipped and totalled the car doing a (dumb) burnout from a stoplight at 35 mph.

Hard to believe he (was lucky enough and) didn't have more than a minor cut to his finger.

Hard to believe he (was dumb enough and) sold the car for $600 to a wrecking yard.

Hard to believe he (was dumb enough and) didn't have the good insurance so is just plain out of luck on the loss of the car.

Hard to believe he is so cavalier about the whole thing.

Please everyone don't do (dumb) stuff like this.

Enjoy!

Fusion

BillionPa
07-05-2006, 01:21 AM
turned of traction control eh.....

Im so glad i have ASC+T

SharkmanBMW
07-05-2006, 01:26 AM
you'd expect bimmer drivers to know better.... but scrapyards need cars to scrap and sell.... there has to be people like him out there!

But $600 to the yard, what a cluster**** this guy's week is!

Why would he have been paying $350 a month insurance to properly insure it???
What was his record like before to have to pay that much?!?!?!?
I had to share this with you guys... it was too much.

genphreak
07-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I love the comment " Yeah, it was worth much more, but the junkyard said they have a really hard time getting rid of BMW parts. Not a whole lot of people go to junkyards to buy parts for their e46."

How much is a 328i motor worth, let alone the tranny, LSD, farout- he may have been a bit silly in the first place but I think he hit his head in the accident... what a waste!

Paul in NZ
07-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Why would he have been paying $350 a month insurance to properly insure it???

I think he just showed us

Toomas
07-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Thats why driving aids are bad, they make idiots think they know how to drive and then ofcourse the idiot finds the button and crashes...

DanDombrowski
07-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Insurance Adjuster: "Wow, you hit the car so hard, it tore the subframe right out of the car"

Driver "Uh, yeah.....it did......"

Sorry I never responded to your post when I showed my new car on e46fanatics. Good to see some company from the old board, and glad you're still hanging around here.

Thats my color blue too, double ouch!

genphreak
07-05-2006, 09:07 AM
...what a waste!of the car of course, not his thick head...

Jon K
07-05-2006, 09:12 AM
That motor alone would have sold for over a couple grand with transmission. Sigh.

KenB
07-05-2006, 09:44 AM
...easy come, easy go...just a guess: 17 year old given car for Bday/grad/shut the **** up...:p

Ross
07-05-2006, 09:53 AM
And a whole restaurant full of people watching another "******* in a BMW".
He should have been dragged from the car and administered the injuries he deserved.

VentoGT
07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
...easy come, easy go...just a guess: 17 year old given car for Bday/grad/shut the **** up...:p

I have got to agree with you there. Only way anyone is paying that kind of Insurance money is A. If they are a really young male driving too nice a car or B. That they have had several accidents/speeding tickets/reckless driving citations recently.

The mentality of so many people in this country is to splurge for luxuries you can't really afford [the people who buy a $10K e34 M5 and then sell for a loss 3 months later because you actually have to MAINTAIN THE CAR]--look at the debt situation in this country--people love to spend every last dime on **** they don't need rather than saving up and buying it when it's smart to do so...case in point, no collision on a $14K car--not smart.

Whoever it is was a complete idiot as anyone with half a brain knows that $600 for a decent BMW with a working engine is ludicrous, not to mention the complete lack of understanding of car control/physics/don't race on the street A-hole...oh well, live and learn.

SharkmanBMW
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
I have got to agree with you there. Only way anyone is paying that kind of Insurance money is A. If they are a really young male driving too nice a car or B. That they have had several accidents/speeding tickets/reckless driving citations recently.

The mentality of so many people in this country is to splurge for luxuries you can't really afford [the people who buy a $10K e34 M5 and then sell for a loss 3 months later because you actually have to MAINTAIN THE CAR]--look at the debt situation in this country--people love to spend every last dime on **** they don't need rather than saving up and buying it when it's smart to do so...case in point, no collision on a $14K car--not smart.

Whoever it is was a complete idiot as anyone with half a brain knows that $600 for a decent BMW with a working engine is ludicrous, not to mention the complete lack of understanding of car control/physics/don't race on the street A-hole...oh well, live and learn.

from the same thread... here is a guy who says he has a clean record, but pays $433 a month!

"shyt im paying $433 a month and i got a clean record...been driving for 5 years now
Jersey car insurance sucks"

WTF???

I pay $1000 Canadian a year for a $30k car fully covered!

borderchris
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
At least he won't be seen driving a Bimmer anymore...

Some people's kids... :(

NY535iManual
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Alright, now all we need to do is make sure this guy's next car is a 3.8 M5 and we're in bidness. Dibs on engine and interior.

KenB
07-05-2006, 12:51 PM
New Jersey has probably among the highest insurance rates in the US (avg)

It is not uncommon for someone single, male, under 25 to pay over $4000/yr; or more if it's a "performance" vehicle, to fully insure a new car here. 5 years is not considered alot of experience for driving. We also have to pay for the uninsured that menace the roads. It suxks to be catagorized in a sterotypical fashion because of age/sex etc. but it is NOT illegal for the insurance companies to profile.

I am finally paying what seems to be a reasonable rate (for liability only) on my car after 35 years of driving; around $800/year. No tickets or accidents in over 10 years. Adjusted for inflation, I was paying $500/yr. when I first started driving in 1971 for liability only. That would be probably 8-10x that now, everything else costs ten times more than it did then. It's just harder for the average "working" teenager to afford, the pay for an average minimum wage job has not gone up 10 times what it was back then. ($1.50/hr.) Working 20 hrs a week, it took me an entire school year to save enough $ to buy a car and insurance. Not too many people that work for something like that are assinine enough to risk it by being stupid. Our friend here is a stellar example of the pinnacle of such behavior.

VentoGT
07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
In GA, we all have to pay uninsured motorist coverage, which ups the ante for everyone, but I would cry wolf over some of those rates. **** it is probably worth buying a cheap property in a cheap state and use that as your primary address just to get the insurance deduction. Must be backward up there in Jersey lately--I have heard about the shut down of all public projects because of infighting in the State Senate over frigging budgets. Parks, Lottery, all of the State sponsored services are being cut back or shut down because they didn't sign off on the budget so the State can't spend any money right now...

DanDombrowski
07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I've always been told that you're only supposed to insure what you can't afford to lose.

It would have sucked to wreck the Volvo or the E34, but I could have gone out the day it happened and purchased a new car to get me to and from work, hence not having collision. With the E46 on the other hand (at least having just bought it), I cannot do that, therefore it gets insured. I have 2 accidents on my record, neither were my fault, but the insurance company doesn't care. I pay $1500/year for full coverage on the E46, which is about what I paid for the E34 too (when it had full coverage).

KenB
07-05-2006, 01:29 PM
. Parks, Lottery, all of the State sponsored services are being cut back or shut down because they didn't sign off on the budget so the State can't spend any money right now...

Makes sense to cut out the biggest sources of free easy money from losers of gambling...idiots. As things have progressed here, or digressed, it seems the best view of New Jersey is in your rear view mirror as you move to a place that doesn't tax you to death and beyond. People of retirement age are leaving in droves, the baby boomers will leave this place to the uninsured, unemployable, (fill in blank) __________cretins.

SharkmanBMW
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I pay $1500/year for full coverage on the E46, which is about what I paid for the E34 too (when it had full coverage).

I pay $1000 for the e46 and that is about the same as my 540! Funny that a car worth 1/4 is the same to insure!

HDhandyman
07-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I can't believe that. I mean I really can't believe that. 600 Bucks? WTF, talk about being taken to the cleaners. I mean he could of at least grabbed the wheels---the yard still would have given him 600. Jesus Christ, what an idiot! Somebody needs to call that yard, right now.:(

Zeuk in Oz
07-05-2006, 06:25 PM
OT : had no idea what a Ruby Tuesday was (but obviously recognised the words from the song).

From what I can see from google, it is similar to Sizzlers ?

You learn something every day !

Edit : Yeah, I know, it took me a while to realise that you don't buy clothes from a Gloria Jeans shop.

Makes note to himself : must get out more.............

Hear as if from afar...have your warm milk & valium dear.......

rob101
07-05-2006, 06:41 PM
it would have been amusing to see him do a burn out and fishtail out of control and roll the car at 60 kph. especially whilst in the middle of a meal.

how old was this guy?

SharkmanBMW
07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
his IQ, "maturity age" and shoe size are all about the same!

KenB
07-05-2006, 07:07 PM
got car in 4/05 and pevious car was a '92 Prelude, so has at least one year of driving under his belt. my guess, 18.

In some midwestern states like Missouri where he's from allows people to get their DL at 15, a carryover from the days of needing to help out on the farm by driving a tractor and/or going to market from the farm...

...so, could be younger?

rob101
07-05-2006, 07:13 PM
got car in 4/05 and pevious car was a '92 Prelude, so has at least one year of driving under his belt. my guess, 18.

In some midwestern states like Missouri where he's from allows people to get their DL at 15, a carryover from the days of needing to help out on the farm by driving a tractor and/or going to market from the farm...

...so, could be younger?
it would have made more sense if he rolled a tractor at 35 mph.

KenB
07-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Redneck's last words:

"Hey ya'll, watch THIS!" :D

ThoreauHD
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
HAhaha.. You guys crack me up. But honestly, the only thing I'm upset about with this is that the kid didn't snap his leg in half. He will be out there again, probably within the year, and with that same IQ.

IQ doesn't get any better after 5 years of age. He's a certifiable vegetable aiming his sparkly blue roundel at your family. And adding insult to injury, he's representing us when he's doing a half-gainer into Ruby Tuesday's.

I so want to reply to this guy's thread and rip him a new *******. ..... ..

Grrrr....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/toasty0z/GENE_POOL_CLOSE.jpg

PS- Oh, and my insurance is 400. Get USAA if you have immediate family that have been in the military. It beats out credit unions.