PDA

View Full Version : 325e fan belt came off, what a blessing!!!..............

tim s
07-04-2006, 12:47 PM
i carefully drove my car to the mech. garage. i told him i needed a new fan, waterpump belt. after i left he went to check the other 2 belts & discovered i need a waterpump, there is play in the shaft, he said i should change my timing belt at the same time since i needed to remove the timing cover anyway. yesterday i pulled the covers & found the timing belt was full of cracks & could snap anytime.
we are also going to replace the cam & crank seals to fix leaks at the same time.
i am just happy i did not lose my engine to a broken belt.
tim s.

632 Regal
07-04-2006, 10:43 PM
your seriously smoking crack man, the timing "belts" on our cars are chains that live forever. if your talkin about the dry belts in front of the engine they are for the AC/alternater and waterpump...maybe even have one for air pump.

im surprized no one jumped this one.

Rigmaster
07-04-2006, 11:21 PM
your seriously smoking crack man, the timing "belts" on our cars are chains that live forever. if your talkin about the dry belts in front of the engine they are for the AC/alternater and waterpump...maybe even have one for air pump.

im surprized no one jumped this one.

Jeff, don't you have some chatting to do with the Ebay help desk??

He said that the fan belt on his 325e came off...........

Step away from the bong. :P

Bret

genphreak
07-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Jeff, don't you have some chatting to do with the Ebay help desk?? He said that the fan belt on his 325e came off........... Step away from the bong. :P BretLMAO.

I think Jeff was talking about the Eldorado he was sailing across the Desert on a glowing green cloud, glistening gold in the moonlight as he tore apart the timing case of his 5er to tell the Nikaloompas to get the hell off his timing chain.

I think he'll be gone a few hours Bret, he'll have to come down and then sleep it off.

Mendozart
07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Dudes on ludes should not respond (said with Spicoli voice)

tim s
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
LOL
tim s.