PDA

View Full Version : Oem white lenses

Ausmpower
07-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi all

Sometime ago someone asked me for the part numbers of the oem BMW white lenses i have on my E34.

Here goes:

Tail lamps
left: 8219 9404 281
Right: 8219 9404 282

Front Indicators:

Left: 8219 9404 285
Right: 8219 9404 276

Side indicators (repeaters);

Left: 8219 9404 387
Right: 8219 9404 388

I'm using silver mirrored globes (orange when on) so you can't see any orange colour inside the lenses with the lamps off.

Rears.........

Ausmpower
07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Oem

Yiorgos
07-04-2006, 07:08 PM
How much did you get them for?

Ausmpower
07-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Cost me around $500.

tgrandahl
07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
im not sure how much of a diffrence there is but i bought the front clears off ebay a couple weeks ago just for giggles and shits when i realised they were $9 and marked "oem". When i looked at them im comparison to my old ones the construction was identical and was pretty suprised how good they looked. Im sure the rear are more and then you have to find side markers but $500 is steep was that dealer?

I found the harderst thing to find were amber bulbs for the dot, i didnt want to use the silver ones because i like the subtle amber look the oem clears get from ambient light, it looks more modern but not quite aftermarket. Although i still havent desided if im going to keep them and buy rear lights.

~Tyler

Evan
07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
who did you buy your corners from? link us to the seller

Ausmpower
07-06-2006, 09:16 AM
im not sure how much of a diffrence there is but i bought the front clears off ebay a couple weeks ago just for giggles and shits when i realised they were $9 and marked "oem". When i looked at them im comparison to my old ones the construction was identical and was pretty suprised how good they looked. Im sure the rear are more and then you have to find side markers but $500 is steep was that dealer?

~Tyler

Aftermarket rears don't fit very well (from the 3 different sets I've seen)

Those $9 ones would probably be cheap copies (Chinese or taiwan?)

$500 AUD btw for all corners + repeaters in genuine is cheap when people here are spending $600 for a pair of taiwanese "Altezza's" for their Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda etc.

tgrandahl
07-06-2006, 06:23 PM
OK aud sounds a lot lot better, thats like $375 us and so if you consider aftermarket will run like $220 shiped thats not bad. Did thoes come with bulbs by any chance or did they use filters? bubls ran me another $15 so they ebay oem's aernt that much cheeper but they look identical and fit fine although i couldnt compare it to Ausmpower's lights. The exact link that i bought is this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8068336837&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Ausmpower are yours from a dealer and was that price with a discount of some sort? How much did just the rear cost and how do they compare to thoes aftermarkets you had?

I dont know why anyone would buy altezza's they just make it possible to ruin a lot of shitty cars.

~Tyler

Wes F
07-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Aftermarket rears don't fit very well (from the 3 different sets I've seen)

Yeah, it's kinda a hit or miss. I got depo clear rears a few years ago for like a hundred-something, they bolted up ok, but each time I go to change a bulb it's a bitch of a time to remove and replace those plastic connectors - end up having to unbolt the whole unit to get at them. Also ever since I installed them every now and then it'll throw a "brake lt circuit" on the dash, even though the lights work fine. All in all though they look great, and IMO better than spending the 400 or so for the hellas.