PDA

View Full Version : Rear Speaker Compatability

colin292
07-03-2006, 09:30 PM
One of my rear speakers has been blown for about a month and I'm looking at getting some new ones, but I haven't been able to figure out exactly what size I should be getting. I know that there is a 4 1/2 inch woofer and tweeter under each cover, but I did a search and it seems like many people have put 5 1/4 inch speakers back there. Would this require modification to the hole where the stock speaker is?

Also, since the stock speakers are components, can I replace them with 2-way speakers or do I have to buy components? I was thinking about getting these Infinity 2-ways (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7730244&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03078&id=1140392384738), but I don't know if they'll fit or if they'll sound right because they aren't components. I don't want to do any modification to the rear deck or replace the amp or anything like that. Any suggestions on a relatively inexpensive set of 4 1/2 inch components that would just be a drop-in replacement, if that would be the easiest thing to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

colin292
07-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Anyone?

joshua43214
07-04-2006, 06:09 PM
you can use component speakers, eliminate the factory tweater.

you can go to www.crutchfield.com and punch in your make of vehicle and filter in what fits. then you can shop arround for something similar or better pricing.

EDIT: I meant 2way speakers and eliminate the tweater.

nuclearfusion
07-04-2006, 11:32 PM
I'd consider getting one from a wrecked car. They are quite good speakers and getting one from a u-pull type yard should be quite reasonable in price.

Just a thought...

Enjoy!

Fusion

angrypancake
07-04-2006, 11:54 PM
A 5.25" componenet set will fit perfectly. I have Polk/Momo's, a lot of people go with MB Quart.