PDA

View Full Version : Factory Sports Suspension

myles
07-03-2006, 05:09 AM
Hi Guys

My car came with option 226 - sport suspension settings. I don't know what previous owners have done to the car, but this is what I have found. Can someone please let me know if this is what the factory did or a previous owner?

The front looked the same as the standard suspension, just slightly different springs.

The rear has springs with 3 blue marks painted on them and 20mm spacers under the springs. The spacers are a tight fit at the lower spring mount on the and have been glued using some sort of silicon.

Are these spacers the way that they made this suspension change from the factory?

TIA

Ausmpower
07-03-2006, 05:42 AM
NO those spacers are there because the factory springs have sagged with age...... and someone wanted to hide it!

genphreak
07-03-2006, 06:27 AM
NO those spacers are there because the factory springs have sagged with age...... and someone wanted to hide it!or the shocks are dead and are not supporting the spring, but the previous owner thought they were ok (cos new ones are AU$350 each and they 'seem ok' in normal conditions...) :D

Toomas
07-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Factory did sport shocks* and springs with lowering and thicker antirollbars and that should about cover it.

*- Bilstein yellows?

myles
07-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Ausmpower, I think I remember reading that your car has/had the 226 option as well. Would you be able to tell me what colour markings are on your rear springs? Also do you know the boge/sachs or bmw part number for the rear shock that you have on yours (assuming you have sachs/boge shocks on it)?
I just want to check to see if the old ones were the right ones. They did have 88 stamped on them, so I assume they are original.

Cheers