PDA

View Full Version : Mark, progress on the EWS 95 525i chip?

Russell
03-31-2004, 07:49 PM
Just checking on when the chip might be ready for the 1/95 and beyond 95 525i with the EWS security. Thanks for all your great work

MarkD
03-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Just cheking on when the chip might be ready for the 1/95 and beyond 95 525i with the EWS security. Thanks for all your great work

Hello Russell,

I've had a snag with that chip and have to work on calculating a new checksum on the code space after making a mod to create a generic EWS chip. The complication is that I need an EWS car to test on and I only recently found one whose owner will help me out a bit with testing. I am currently able to make a chip for you car if I read your chip and it's EWS codes.
Summary:
1) I can not say exactly when I will have a generic EWS chip but I'm working on it.
2) if you can read your chip with an EPROM reader and email me the file, I can make a chip with your EWS codes in it.

Thanks

Mark

Russell
04-01-2004, 06:58 PM
Any idea on what type of shop/service can read the codes? I sure do not have the expertise. I will also check with my mechanic.

Hello Russell,

I've had a snag with that chip and have to work on calculating a new checksum on the code space after making a mod to create a generic EWS chip. The complication is that I need an EWS car to test on and I only recently found one whose owner will help me out a bit with testing. I am currently able to make a chip for you car if I read your chip and it's EWS codes.
Summary:
1) I can not say exactly when I will have a generic EWS chip but I'm working on it.
2) if you can read your chip with an EPROM reader and email me the file, I can make a chip with your EWS codes in it.

Thanks

Mark

MarkD
04-01-2004, 07:50 PM
Any idea on what type of shop/service can read the codes? I sure do not have the expertise. I will also check with my mechanic.

Hello Russell,

shops/garages don't usually have an EPROM reader/programmer. Usually someone who works as an "embedded firmware engineer" would have access to one. Do you have any friends in that field? What city are you located in? I may know someone in your city with a programmer, or if there is enought demand I may try to set set up a dealer in your city. (I'm currently thinking of deploying EPROM programmers in a few key cities such as Seattle and Chicago, but sales are so slow that I have not proceeded further)

Mark

Russell
04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
It may be best for me to wait until you have your "retail" verion ready. As this car is my daily commute car, I really do not want to take a chance of it being out of commission for a few days or so.

Hello Russell,

shops/garages don't usually have an EPROM reader/programmer. Usually someone who works as an "embedded firmware engineer" would have access to one. Do you have any friends in that field? What city are you located in? I may know someone in your city with a programmer, or if there is enought demand I may try to set set up a dealer in your city. (I'm currently thinking of deploying EPROM programmers in a few key cities such as Seattle and Chicago, but sales are so slow that I have not proceeded further)

Mark

AZ_Jason_S
04-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Try and find a board assembly house in your town. If you can find a place that assembles circuitboards they should have an EPROM burner/reader. Look in the yellow pages under "circuit boards" or assembly or ?. It would only take them about 2 minutes to read it. If you were near me I would read it for you.

Russell
04-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Thanks-good idea. I think I will make a couple of calls.