PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Boost Valve

Jehu
07-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone have one of these? Whats the scoop? Are the stock valves adjustable already? I notice the acceleration less sporty than I'd like while say up in Fifth gear. Can i do anything to let me accelerate faster from say 55 up . Pick up is quick while in fourth but if I'm on a highway at 55 and want to pass without a huge amount of room and I'm in Fifth it would be better if the response faster. Is it just the gearing that makes this impossible or would say the EAT chip at least give me some pep up there.Once i get moving the power is steady on thru to the final shift into Sixth I'd just like to be able to get there sooner.I think from what I've read, cold are intakes aren't really smart if they can allow more debris through
and I'd like to keep the car in good shape as long as possible.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Boost-Valve-BMW-E30-E31-E32-E34-E36-E38-M3-tuning_W0QQitemZ270001791054QQihZ017QQcategoryZ722 05QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reckless_Kelly
07-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Unless you know what you're doing, you will most likely lose HP with that thing, and if you knew what you were doing, you would have already ordered it. There is not much to gain from simply adjusting fuel pressure (definitely not the 15% that the seller guarantees). It would be good to have adjustable pressure if you were moving considerably more air (turbo, supercharger, larger displacement, etc), but with a stock motor, the fuel injectors are ideally matched to the motor. Save your money and your motor, don't buy it.

Jehu
07-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Unless you know what you're doing, you will most likely lose HP with that thing, and if you knew what you were doing, you would have already ordered it. There is not much to gain from simply adjusting fuel pressure (definitely not the 15% that the seller guarantees). It would be good to have adjustable pressure if you were moving considerably more air (turbo, supercharger, larger displacement, etc), but with a stock motor, the fuel injectors are ideally matched to the motor. Save your money and your motor, don't buy it.

Thanks for the info.

Jon K
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Dude you can't turn your fuel pressure up and except to see increase in performance - you need more air to go alone with more fuel.