PDA

View Full Version : e32 seats on e34

baddoc
07-02-2006, 01:15 PM
hie there i saw these really nice leather seats in a breaking 740i and i got a e34 non leather, was wondering if these seats will fit into my car? the seller says they willl but i got to be sure you see. thanks

Rigmaster
07-02-2006, 03:39 PM
AFAIK E32 front seats will fit the E34, not sure about the rears.

Bret.

baddoc
07-02-2006, 04:22 PM
AFAIK E32 front seats will fit the E34, not sure about the rears.

Bret.
THANKS RIGMASTER WILL HAVE TO TRY THE BACK ONES I THINK

Kalevera
07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
The E32 rears are too wide for the E34.

In terms of the front seats: they're plug and play as long as the car that they're coming from has the same type of adjustments as the car that they're going into. Some non-powered seat cars don't have the power seat harness; no non-memory car has the memory harness. That's not to say that the seats can't be made to work, but it could potentially be just that -- a bit of work to get them operational. Specific to the memory seats: the memory control module won't work properly unless the car also has memory mirrors, and in some cases, (depends on what car it comes out of) a memory steering column. When the MCM can't get potentiometer readings from the other components in the system, it tends to mess with the functionality of the seat adjustments. So, it behooves one to do homework before throwing money at it.

best, whit

Ross
07-02-2006, 07:15 PM
If you buy the rears as well a competent trim shop can cut down the covers from the E32. I did this once in restoring an old convertible. The coupe donor cars seat was wider so the upholstery guy sectioned it beautifully to fit.

baddoc
07-02-2006, 08:16 PM
thanks guys......... my seats got memory and from the pics i dont know if the onesi want to get have memory but they are from a 735IL