PDA

View Full Version : 95' features in 92'

pyro
06-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey,
Well last night I repplaced my dash took about 4 hours. And when stumbleing around there were some connectors that I reconnected that wernt connected before (atleast I didn't remember disconnecting em) I get in my car today and to move it and my cc display displayd the raido station and track numbers. So i guess this is a hidden feature that just needs to be hooked up. Im sorry to say i cant honestly pinpoint which wire I connected to make this work or what I did but I think it was just one wire in a one wire connector.

Alexlind123
06-30-2006, 12:00 PM
Now youre just taunting us....

Russell
06-30-2006, 01:18 PM
I thought all e34s had that feature functional not just specific years?

SchnellE34
06-30-2006, 02:13 PM
For reasons like that I wish my six disc changer didn't take poop, but I still love my sony HU.

Espen
06-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Really??? That would have a nice feature. I didnt find any unconnected wire when i changed the dash harness. Im using a Pioneer now..

KenB
06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
My '93 does not have that feature but a '94 that I test drove when I bought mine did...mine's fully stock HU and cd changer. Hmmmm, one wire, huh? Something tells me it's not that simple.

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
I think I'll do a little exploratory surgery and see what's the deal is next time I am in the dash.

calmloki
06-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey,
Well last night I repplaced my dash took about 4 hours. And when stumbleing around there were some connectors that I reconnected that wernt connected before (atleast I didn't remember disconnecting em) I get in my car today and to move it and my cc display displayd the raido station and track numbers. So i guess this is a hidden feature that just needs to be hooked up. Im sorry to say i cant honestly pinpoint which wire I connected to make this work or what I did but I think it was just one wire in a one wire connector.

Interesting - I thought that was a standard feature on my '93, but I did hook up a single (blue?) wire that was disconnected by the upper right corner of the instrument panel when I had the console out.... maybe that's the area/color of the wire you hooked up? From my faulty memory from several months back.
Tom

Mike-AZ
06-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I'll check that out on my 6/93 build date '94 540i when I get home, and I'll post back. I seem to recall seeing some connection like that back there once. Although, maybe I just want there to be one so bad I am imagining things. -- Mike

Hey,

Russell
06-30-2006, 05:38 PM
last model year improvements and features like the 95 e34 has will make the 2003 e39 the best buy. I think I want the 2003 540i or 530i Sport with auto

Yiorgos
06-30-2006, 08:00 PM
I have a 4/95 model Aus spec and I don't get any radio or track listings in my CC... weird...

pyro
06-30-2006, 09:31 PM
yah it was a single green wire that im 100% shure wasn't hooked up that i hooked up (i figured it came appart on its own or it was parked ventalation.