PDA

View Full Version : need new dme for 530i

craigs car
06-29-2006, 10:43 PM
hello out there in bimmer world,i am a new owner of a 1994 530i with a problem.when the car is cold at startup it runs really rough,check engine light comes on until car warms up then goes out.engine code shows o2 sensor which have been replaced.once car is warm it runs great.i have been told that the computer (dme) needs replacing.any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated,from anyone with a similar problem,or best place to get parts.
thanks craigs car

BillionPa
06-30-2006, 01:21 AM
i doubt its the ECU.

when were the O2 sensorSSSSSSS (there are 2 and need to be replaced in pairs) replaced?

the dealer told me my ECU needed to be replaced as well, that was 2 years ago. (i suspect the dinan chip confused the reader or something???)

i would start by replacing the O2 heater relay, and the DME relay, and cleaning out the ICV.

however, do a search relating to the charcoal canister, i replaced mine recently and startup idle is significantly improved.

im replacing my engine mounts next week, and hopefully that should fix all my engine issues for the time being, untill i redo the intake manifold gaskets, which are causing my engine to shake do to unbalanced airflow at idle. (or maybe its the fuel injectors, who the hell knows!?!?)