PDA

View Full Version : Plug for BG products... I was working on a

Bill R.
03-31-2004, 02:07 PM
1998 olds achieva yesterday which would bring up a cylinder 6 misfiring code after running for about 30 seconds...I checked compression,plugs,wires, coil for cylinder 6 etc...etc...fuel pressure good etc etc... It finally came down to a bad injector on that cylinder not delivering enough fuel to fire, so i called the customer and as a last ditch effort prior to replacing the injectors, I asked if they wanted me to clean the injectors, they said go ahead.. My otc on the car injector cleaner came with Otc brand cleaner and thats what I have always used with it... Well, the BG guy was by last week and he convinced me to try a couple of cans of their cleaner for the on the car injector tools , so I thought i would give it a shot thinking that there's no way that this injector is going to clean up and that I would probably have to pull the injectors and change this one.... Sure enough I hook up the cleaner and run one can through (it takes about 25 minutes burn up one can) then hook everything back up and restart the car and it runs just fine and produces no more codes..

Bill H.
03-31-2004, 02:18 PM
:)

Bill R.
03-31-2004, 02:25 PM
distribute to shops and dealers but I am starting to see their products on sale at various parts houses too...Their fuel injector cleaners have always been their best known product.. the bg44k is the one you add to the gas tank and the other one for the injector cleaners is listed here (http://www.bgprod.com/bgprofessional/bgproducts/autofuel.html)
The bg guy also gave me a sample of their brake squeal eliminator that you apply directly to the wearing surface of the brake pads... I told him that since I started putting raybestos qs pads on cars that squeal is a thing of the past but he gave me some anyway just in case :p

:)