PDA

View Full Version : Kinda OT, why you don't need to listen to all the

Bill R.
06-29-2006, 09:23 AM
hype about running ventil sauber and other crap into your intake to clean the intake valve tops. This caddy that i worked on has 100k miles on it. Has never had any of the cleaning done to the intake system or the fuel injector cleanings that various shops push. All gasoline was purchased at a name brand station such as Exxon mobil . This is a pic of the siamese intake port on the catera and the tops of the intake valves

632 Regal
06-29-2006, 09:52 AM
my valves didnt look even close to that clean.

Bill R.
06-29-2006, 10:04 AM
clean, unless its really old from the 70/80's and is an oil consumer. Of course now that the gas stations have cut back on the amount of cleaner/detergent that in the gas I would still run a can of techron through just before an oil change and maybe dose each tank with a small amount of techron to make up for whats not there anymore.

my valves didnt look even close to that clean.

632 Regal
06-29-2006, 10:22 AM
hmm...i wonder if mines leaking oil past the guides. Ah well, im not going to pull the intake to look again...lol

winfred
06-29-2006, 12:25 PM
nah i think the newer bimmers are just cursed with that miserable pcv system, even when it's working i think it still moves a little oil

hmm...i wonder if mines leaking oil past the guides. Ah well, im not going to pull the intake to look again...lol