Ross
06-28-2006, 10:53 AM
What is the executive ?

Ross
06-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Anybody?? genphreak where are you?

myles
06-28-2006, 09:52 PM
BMW Australia releases an 'executive' version of some BMWs. It is just a group of options put together and sold as an executive. It varies from year to year and on different models.

On an E34 you might find the executive includes, leather, rear headrests, front arm rests, front fog lamps. Some years included the rear sunblind, cruise control and the sunroof, among other items.

I don't know if other regions have executives, or if it is a similar deal.

ghost_ryder35
06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
BMW Australia releases an 'executive' version of some BMWs. It is just a group of options put together and sold as an executive. It varies from year to year and on different models.

On an E34 you might find the executive includes, leather, rear headrests, front arm rests, front fog lamps. Some years included the rear sunblind, cruise control and the sunroof, among other items.

I don't know if other regions have executives, or if it is a similar deal.
I thought all that stuff was standard on BMW's I have owned two 525i's (one 91 and one 94) and 2 535i's (one 88 and one 85) and all have head everything said above. except the rear sunblind.

Ross
06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks, I had never heard of them until seeing references here. The rear sunshade would be nice to have.

myles
06-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Everything listed in an option out of the factory, it just varies depending on the buyer and the standard options as determined by the division that handles that region (ie BMW Australia, BMW North America etc)

Nick.Hay
06-28-2006, 11:12 PM
What would be nice is an E34 thats totally 'loaded'...

ie. Every option available (except the ones that conflict of course)

And the "cooler" of any two conflicting options, like parked ventilation instead of stopwatch on the OBC!!

Ross
06-28-2006, 11:23 PM
I would bet shogun knows a way to change the OBC to do it. So much is shared with E32s.

uls
06-29-2006, 04:14 AM
Thanks, I had never heard of them until seeing references here. The rear sunshade would be nice to have.

i have a rear sun blind in mine, but im not actually sure when i would use it?.. im guessing in the summer time when my kids need some shade.. (HA! im 18 like im gonna have kids..lol) Na i suppose its nice to have anyway...

rob101
06-29-2006, 04:19 AM
i have a rear sun blind in mine, but im not actually sure when i would use it?.. im guessing in the summer time when my kids need some shade.. (HA! im 18 like im gonna have kids..lol) Na i suppose its nice to have anyway...
you see you're getting it the wrong way around,
you use the sunblind to ensure you are undisturbed whilst making kids in the back seat.

Airborne001
06-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Can you post a pic of the sunblind?

wingman
06-30-2006, 12:14 AM
I have an exec. check out the attached thread.
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=14185

Ross
06-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Thanks wingman. I suspected an Aus. only car.
Then most Australian market cars are sold without this stuff then? As you may know US gets most of that whether we like it or not.

wingman
07-01-2006, 03:55 AM
There's a hell of a lot of cars out here with cloth interior and no sunroof. I've even seen one with wind yourself windows!!! From my knowledge you could spec a car up individually by ticking all the boxes or just go for the 'Executive' pack with the set options included. For the record the Executive was waaaay more expensive than the standard.

wingman
07-01-2006, 03:58 AM

Use it to keep the sun off your leather when parked outdoors.

pundit
07-01-2006, 04:00 AM
There's a hell of a lot of cars out here with cloth interior and no sunroof. I've even seen one with wind yourself windows!!! From my knowledge you could spec a car up individually by ticking all the boxes or just go for the 'Executive' pack with the set options included. For the record the Executive was waaaay more expensive than the standard.
Someone told me (I can't remember who) that the Executive spec cars were built for the Japanese market and as a result also wound up being offered in Australia due to the relative regional proximity. Shogun may be able to shed more light on this. It's interesting the U.S. never generally had E34's optioned as well as the Executives we got down here in Oz.

wingman
07-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Yes I'd say they are the Japanese market cars with the OZ compliances done. Oz is not really a huge market for BMW so they'd group 'Asia' together.