PDA

View Full Version : FedEx lost my Wheels and tires

ska-texas
06-27-2006, 10:13 PM
So I'm many $$$$ into this 535i project. Wheels,suspension,interior etc. Well everything I've ordered from the various sources has been delivered. That is until FedEx showed up at my doorstep and delivered me 3 yes 3 F***ing wheels. The 4th has vanished. And of course those highly paid customer service reps told me I would be the first to know if it's found. So I'm not going to wait. My question is 18" w/staggered fit tires are 235/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear. This was the recomended size so any feedback as always would be great. If those Mensa's at FedEx find the 4th wheel/tire I will be selling the set.

bought from a private party, no return, no refund, and yeah, we have a tracking number, but it hasn't done us any good

Anyway, here is the set I am considering buying from Tire Rack

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/asa/swap/asa_ar1_c_ci3_l.jpg

632 Regal
06-27-2006, 10:19 PM
what kind of rims are the 3 wheel set?

ska-texas
06-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Here is the set that one of the wheel/tire set was lost.. may be for sale soon.

http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/f3/24/94_1.JPG

632 Regal
06-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I remember this, the 3 series wheels right?

liquidtiger720
06-27-2006, 10:23 PM
No. Those are style 42's from the e39.

I believe the ASA's are made by BBS. They are quite popular for 3 series guys.

ska-texas
06-27-2006, 10:25 PM
They actually came off a 7-series. Found them on ebay rings included.

DaCan23
06-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Similar style to the TSW's I just got, full 17" package w/ Azenis ST115s for $1075 shipped.

http://bagekko.home.comcast.net/dacans_bimmers/Kayalami.jpg

Gayle
06-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I love style 42s. They are my favorite. Here is the pic for the all the wheels website. And they look so much better with those tires you have.

I would wait a little while before going the other route. BMW wheels are lighter and strong than other brands. I have had things be lost in shipping and show up 3-4 weeks later.

(I lose my wallet about one a year and it always shows back up with everything in it. You just have to have faith. I will send you some magic California pixie dust that will solve the problem :) )

632 Regal
06-27-2006, 10:51 PM
pixel dust?

ska-texas
06-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Living in the 512 and missing the 805

Gayle
06-27-2006, 10:59 PM
pixel dust?

Pixie dust--Why do you think all Californians are fruits and nuts? Reality is a little bent here and magic really happens.

TheEndIsNear
06-27-2006, 11:07 PM
LOL...

Hey Gayle what part of Cali do you call home, I'll be in LA for a bit soon...

Gayle
06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
LOL...

Hey Gayle what part of Cali do you call home, I'll be in LA for a bit soon...

The northern part of San Diego county.

Airborne001
06-28-2006, 05:01 AM
Umm, the feds usually frown on Pixie dust being sent in the mail, seems the Columbians have been squeezing their pixies a bit hard the last 20 years.

Ross
06-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Hopefully Fed Ex will find it. I will keep fingers crossed here for you. GF had her bag lost/stolen by SOUTHWEST AIRLINES in April still no bag or settlement. It sucks and they don't care. BTW did I mention it was SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, thats SOUTHWEST AIRLINES(the ****ers)

Gayle
06-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Hopefully Fed Ex will find it. I will keep fingers crossed here for you. GF had her bag lost/stolen by SOUTHWEST AIRLINES in April still no bag or settlement. It sucks and they don't care. BTW did I mention it was SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, thats SOUTHWEST AIRLINES(the ****ers)

Thank you for reminding me why I slep my bag on the plane myself and hoist it into the overhead.

Seriously--the wheel may come. My second ebay purchase was an antique dress maker form (think person-sized, iron core, manequin). It did not come for a full month even though the person mailed it 2 days after the end of the auction. The label fell off the box and after about 3 weeks it was returned to the seller, who promptly re sent it. You know "sh*t happens".

liquidtiger720
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
They actually came off a 7-series. Found them on ebay rings included.

So they were off a e39...just fyi.

Or else it wouldn't have needed rings. :D :p :p

Rigmaster
06-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Yet another reminder for anyone shipping anything:

Put your name and address on the INSIDE of each box, better yet- put a copy of the shipping label in there, complete with tracking number. If the label gets stripped off of the outside of the box, the box goes to the "unknown package" area and someone is supposed to try to figure out where it goes. They usually will open the box and see if the contents give a clue as to where it's supposed to go. I don't think they spend alot of time trying to figure out who the rightful owner is (time is money you know....), so make it easy for them and you'll be much more likely to get your stuff back if this ever happens to you.

Bret.

GoldenOne
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
So I'm many $$$$ into this 535i project. Wheels,suspension,interior etc. Well everything I've ordered from the various sources has been delivered. That is until FedEx showed up at my doorstep and delivered me 3 yes 3 F***ing wheels. The 4th has vanished. And of course those highly paid customer service reps told me I would be the first to know if it's found. So I'm not going to wait. My question is 18" w/staggered fit tires are 235/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear. This was the recomended size so any feedback as always would be great. If those Mensa's at FedEx find the 4th wheel/tire I will be selling the set.

wow, i wonder if this more of a planned thing then an accident? two of my friends had the same exact thing happen to them, with both using fedex as the shipping carrier. One lost a very expensive hamann pg3 wheel, the other a volk...hmmm employees secretly/slowly acquiring a new set of wheels...

ska-texas
06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
That's what I was thinking. But only one wheel? Bastards got the one the seller fastened the hub rings to. I will try to be patient but my wife is liking those chrome 18"s more with every hour passing.