PDA

View Full Version : 525i M50 engine owners- help if you can please!

Steve525
06-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I have just replaced the gasket under the cylinder head cover and noticed that one of the bolts out of the 10 (which hold down the cover)has two washers on it (a big one like all the rest and a smaller one as well). Of course i only noticed this when I was putting everything back together!! Could any 525 m50 owner please have a close look at their engine( no need to take it apart!- just remove larger plastic cover) and see if you can spot which one is different. Stand at right front wheel and look. My guess is it is one of the 2 at the right end of the engine block!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.
Steve

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Take a look at this

Steve525
06-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Take a look at this
Thanks Bob, but this only shows one of the 10 and suggests they are all identical. there was an extra washer smaller than part 8 on one of them! you would really have to closely examine the car!

yaofeng
06-27-2006, 04:03 AM
Thanks Bob, but this only shows one of the 10 and suggests they are all identical. there was an extra washer smaller than part 8 on one of them! you would really have to closely examine the car!

Perhaps the PO packed one washer too many on that particular location? One washer or two does the job equally well.

Toomas
06-27-2006, 04:11 AM
If all the bolts closed tightly its not a problem.
It might have been put there because longer bolt was used or the bolt could not be screwed in all the way (dirt in the bottom or something).