PDA

View Full Version : Glove compartment handle

saj3n
06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
So, when I purchased my car about a year and a half ago, the glove compartment had a problem with shutting. Finally, I made it close....for good.. :( The handle somehow was stuck in locked position, even though I would ulock with key, it would not open. So today, after not touching it for 8 months, I gave it a slight tug and the entire handle, came off, opening the glove compartment. However, the handle is not reusable, and I NEED ANOTHER! Anyone parting out or getting rid of the glove compartment handle assembly?

winfred
06-25-2006, 06:16 PM
get a new one, they are real crappy and break easyly

saj3n
06-25-2006, 06:18 PM
get a new one, they are real crappy and break easyly

Hmmm... good point... let me see if I can find one ... any suggestions?

Incantation
06-25-2006, 07:25 PM
try a search.. i recall about 8 months ago (i think) someone posted a nice comprehensive fix to this..

onewhippedpuppy
06-26-2006, 05:18 AM
The latch assembly isn't that expensive from the dealer, and is seperate from the handle itself. Are you sure that the actual exterior handle is broken? Normally the latch is what breaks. You should be able to pull the two screws inside and seperate the halves, then replace the latch.

GoldenOne
06-26-2006, 05:20 AM
same thing happened to me, it doesnt appear that anything broke but just fell apart...I have to figure out how to piece it back together now

saj3n
06-26-2006, 08:50 AM
The latch assembly isn't that expensive from the dealer, and is seperate from the handle itself. Are you sure that the actual exterior handle is broken? Normally the latch is what breaks. You should be able to pull the two screws inside and seperate the halves, then replace the latch.

Ok Thanks! Let me check it out a bit more and make sure it is just the latch. Then i'll go and pick one of those up this week. Do you happen to have the part number for just the latch?

jdt10768
06-26-2006, 11:28 AM
go to e-bay. used . . . $10