PDA

View Full Version : 1994 325 a/c low pressure port location?

larry325
06-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm new to the list and admittedly haven't done a lot of repairs myself. Can anyone please tell me where/how to find the a/c low pressure port on my 325? Basically, I'd like to re-charge my a/c, preferably without evacuating the system... our climate in Oakland, CA is pretty mild, so luckily a/c is not something I use much.
Any recommendations on tools, R-134a refrigerant, etc? Should most gauges fit on the port, or do I need one that fits BMWs?

Ross
06-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Low side will be the larger pipe. The fitting are idiot proof so the DIY kit will only fit the correct port.

larry325
06-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Are the ports near the rear part of the hood, near the area of the chassis number (passenger side)? I saw two ports with dust caps, but the gauge (Interdynamics) did not fit either of these. Thanks, Ross.

Low side will be the larger pipe. The fitting are idiot proof so the DIY kit will only fit the correct port.

Ross
06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Should be left side on the larger pipe, the fitting is actually the smaller of the two. The fitting for R-134 is a quick release job like on an air hose.

sussuca
06-27-2006, 04:46 AM
I'm new to the list and admittedly haven't done a lot of repairs myself. Can anyone please tell me where/how to find the a/c low pressure port on my 325? Basically, I'd like to re-charge my a/c, preferably without evacuating the system... our climate in Oakland, CA is pretty mild, so luckily a/c is not something I use much.
Any recommendations on tools, R-134a refrigerant, etc? Should most gauges fit on the port, or do I need one that fits BMWs?

Hi Larry , itīs very simple , I did myself on my 325 , when I īhad to replace the
filter after a crash ,
You can use R134 , on it , just find the right adapter , and all the other stuff , the connector is located on the passenger side near from the beam , right over the dissecant filter , donīt forget to complet the oil also, GULF oil will do the job . ok ?

larry325
06-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I found the port and the system appears fully charged. Checked the sight glass, and it was bubbling. However, I didn't hear any clicking noise coming from the compressor...shouldn't there be a sound when the a/c is on, esp. at max. cool? Any ideas? Bad compressor? Possible electric problem at the control panel? Thanks!

Hi Larry , itīs very simple , I did myself on my 325 , when I īhad to replace the
filter after a crash ,
You can use R134 , on it , just find the right adapter , and all the other stuff , the connector is located on the passenger side near from the beam , right over the dissecant filter , donīt forget to complet the oil also, GULF oil will do the job . ok ?