PDA

View Full Version : seat belts

kev535i
06-24-2006, 02:23 PM
is it possible to retension the seat belt - the thing that makes it rewind when you get out? if so how - mine just sort of starts to rewind then just slows to a stop

henryw525i
06-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey Dude. Search back on my previous posts (you'll have to look about 1.5/2 years back)

I had to replace one of the belts the other day as it just STOPPED retracting. Its so much easier just to go and get one out of a wrecked newer model and bolt her straight in, alot less hassle and the cut cuts on my fingers werent much better!!

You can do it, but its not a permanent fix at all and it is still tampering with the only thing between you and your Securit windscreen!!!

DIY with care!!

joshua43214
06-25-2006, 07:49 AM
haha, have you ever seen the spring that inside of a seatbelt tensioner? Get a new one if it wont retract anymore, then take the old one apart for fun=). Wear safety glasses.

Either way, sometime they get a fold in them that will cause them to drag, unearth the tensioner from behind whatever is covering it and pull it all the way out, look to see if it has a fold all the way down at the drum and try to unfold it, it can cause the edge of the belt to rub on the spool.

Bill R.
06-25-2006, 08:33 AM
spring , you should see the one inside the belt retracter mechanism by the seat track:)

haha, have you ever seen the spring that inside of a seatbelt tensioner? Get a new one if it wont retract anymore, then take the old one apart for fun=). Wear safety glasses.

Either way, sometime they get a fold in them that will cause them to drag, unearth the tensioner from behind whatever is covering it and pull it all the way out, look to see if it has a fold all the way down at the drum and try to unfold it, it can cause the edge of the belt to rub on the spool.