PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Corner Lenses?

DABIMR
06-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Do I need to remove the front plastic grill piece by the headlights? Or just the screw in the back and what appears to be a screw at the top of the lens? Going to be installing smoked corner's soon..;)

632 Regal
06-24-2006, 06:57 AM
you do it all from under the hood. theres 2 screws pointing to the front and one on the side. A magnetic phillips is a bonus for reinstallation.

CharlesAFerg
06-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Do I need to remove the front plastic grill piece by the headlights? Or just the screw in the back and what appears to be a screw at the top of the lens? Going to be installing smoked corner's soon..;)

Could you tell me what brand you got, where you got them and how much you paid? I'm looking but I'm not turning up anything good...
Thanks!
-Charles

DABIMR
06-24-2006, 10:31 AM
Could you tell me what brand you got, where you got them and how much you paid? I'm looking but I'm not turning up anything good...
Thanks!
-Charles
Don't have them yet.. Got them off Ebay from a guy shipped from the U.K., (cpk1997, ebay ID), I assume their pretty good quality. They cost about $70 with shipping for smoked corners and sidemarkers.:)

SchnellE34
06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
There are two ways to take the side markers out. You can remove the grill and headlights to gain easy access to all 3 screws that hold the side markers in place. Or you could leave the headlights in and remove all the screws from under the hood as Jeff said.

From my experience the easier of the two is to remove the grille and headlights. It's not that tough to remove them. And may take less time because you have easier access to the side makers. Do you have a Bentley manual?

SchnellE34
06-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Also I like the one from Abraham's Motosport. Wish I would have known about them before I purchased mine off eBay...

http://www.abrahamsmotorsport.com/e34.htm

DABIMR
06-24-2006, 05:01 PM
There are two ways to take the side markers out. You can remove the grill and headlights to gain easy access to all 3 screws that hold the side markers in place. Or you could leave the headlights in and remove all the screws from under the hood as Jeff said.

From my experience the easier of the two is to remove the grille and headlights. It's not that tough to remove them. And may take less time because you have easier access to the side makers. Do you have a Bentley manual?
Yes, I have a Bentley, but it's not that clear on removal.. Anyway, I think I'll remove the grill/headlights, as per your suggestion... Thanks...:)

Qube
06-24-2006, 09:21 PM
On reinstall, you will probably want to forgoe screwing it back into the side; just rely on the screws into the headlamp. That makes for easier removal and work in the future.

Paul in NZ
06-24-2006, 09:43 PM
are the US and Euro (and UK =rhd)corners the same??

DABIMR
06-25-2006, 01:19 AM
are the US and Euro (and UK =rhd)corners the same??
I would assume so...

Paul in NZ
06-25-2006, 01:44 AM
i hope so ,i dont want to buy some clears to find they are not :(

BMWE34M5
06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
i hope so ,i dont want to buy some clears to find they are not :(
They are identical for RHD and LHD cars.