PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers...

JerseySi
06-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok, a poll for you lovely people to vote in :D

Seeing as how I'm sorting out the scabby bumpers on the Beemer & making them all nice again, I've been wondering whether to 'update' it a little and have the bottom black parts done in white to match..
Have done a quick potatochop so you can see what I mean

Option 1: Leave it all as it is now - white & black but tidied up
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/RoverDog/Beemer/BM-Black-bumpers.jpg

Option 2: Do the bottoms of bumpers & sills in white, late model stylee
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/RoverDog/Beemer/BM-all-white-bumpers.jpg

Option 3: Do white - but do the plastic trims white as well
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/RoverDog/Beemer/BM-all-white-bumpers--trim.jpg

Oh yea - in those pics it's also been hit with the lowering stick too - that will be happening soon as I have the ££ for springs etc!

SharkmanBMW
06-23-2006, 06:14 PM
I can't decide...
Because you have black wheels, it looks good with black trim.
BUT, it also looks good without!

3 great options, good luck!

JerseySi
06-23-2006, 06:17 PM
:D
I'm having trouble deciding too - thats why i posted this haha!
I think it looks alright with black bottoms, but think it'd look "fresher" with white bottoms, that and it would visually lower the car slightly, if you know what i mean..
I think white trims etc would be too much - they tie in nicely with the wheels being black.. Just thought i'd throw it in there anyways!

GoldenOne
06-23-2006, 06:19 PM
i like two and three....i would have to go with two though

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-23-2006, 06:20 PM
looks fine.

Painted bottoms are okay, you've got black rims, so the black tirm is a good off set.

The total white looks too Euro VW with a side of rice. Kind of Sterile

ska-texas
06-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Gotta say, I like the look of White bumpers and White Rockers but don't touch those black door mouldings. Nice look.

swenpro
06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Number 2 for sure... my PO painted my lower sides and rear, but never the front skirting. Not to hijack your thread, but you think I should get the front painted too? (see sig pic)

JerseySi
06-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Ska-texas - was about to upload another pic to photobucket to see what you mean - but photobucket's being an arse..
Not sure personally - either all white trims/rubbing strips or all black, don't know if it'd work as well with a mix.. Just me opinion though!

swenpro - Definately get the front done to match! (that, or return the other bits to black... hmmm, perhaps not! :D )
p.s. - wanna swap wheels? ;) hehehe

JerseySi
06-23-2006, 07:28 PM
looks fine.

Painted bottoms are okay, you've got black rims, so the black tirm is a good off set.

The total white looks too Euro VW with a side of rice. Kind of Sterile

Know what you mean..
Although I think Option 3 (all white) kinda makes it look a little bit like a later-model e30, with the Sport bumpers/kit.. Not sure if that's such a good thing or not though
Probably just my photochop skills, that or I'm too tired to see the screen properly!

swenpro
06-23-2006, 09:04 PM
From the pics, your wheels look GREAT. I can't actually tell what style/make they are...

In my opinion, Option 3 makes it look like a government vehicle, Option 2 makes it look sportier. I'd opt for #2 unless you really insist on making your vehicle different from the rest. #1 is out of the question, and yes I agree my front should be painted, and lowered for sure... but that all takes $$ of course ;)

angrypancake
06-23-2006, 09:07 PM
#2 cause wow thats hot.

JerseySi
06-23-2006, 09:10 PM
From the pics, your wheels look GREAT. I can't actually tell what style/make they are...

Cheers!
They're just standard (metric sized :( ) BMW rims - they were pretty rough looking, so I got bored - sanded/rubbing coumpounded the rims, and sprayed the centres black with hammerite! :D

Here's a close up - looking pretty grubby at the mo, but they'l be clean one day soon :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/RoverDog/Beemer/2006-06-22001Medium.jpg

nuclearfusion
06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Option #2 looks like the answer to me.

Enjoy!

Fusion

E34 530
06-23-2006, 09:13 PM
#2. Hope to do this when I scrounge enough $ up.

SC David
06-23-2006, 11:04 PM
Definitely #2. It will be looking good with the drop.

Nick.Hay
06-23-2006, 11:34 PM
My car is almost the same as yours, tho it has different wheels.

I decided to leave mine original (as in your pic 1), as I photoshopped mine, and it looked kinda "too white"

Tho your pic2 looks good, I still vote pic1