PDA

View Full Version : Cheap and FREE mods for your car

pyro
06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
:D http://racingarticles.com/article_racing-75.html

all I have to say is wow...

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Vidal Sassoon hair dryer will work as one of the rem air blower things.

Reckless_Kelly
06-23-2006, 06:34 PM
That's nothing new, I've already done all of that to my 525i, the new bumpers are great for pushing parked cars when parallel parking, and the air intake only rubs when I turn right (good thing I drive like a NASCAR driver, go to the end, turn left, repeat until checkered flag). I also replaced the sunroff with a piece of plexiglas (the sunroof weighed about 35lbs., that'swhat, 1 hp).

Seriously though, I think I've seen this jeep!!!

The Melmaan
06-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Is thre anything else????? This is verrrry interesting!!!!

shuriken
06-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Vidal Sassoon hair dryer will work as one of the rem air blower things.
Ram air aint that simple, most sports bikes have it these days, my ZX9 gains about 4-5 bhp from it alone over 120 mph (thats 140bhp at rear wheel:D ). It's not about forcing air in as such but about keeping up a high pressure in the air box. Also depends on where you put the intake too. Needs to be at the front in unobstructed air flow.

Montreal525
06-24-2006, 07:14 AM
AAHHH!!... The joy of explaining to people why you have all that pvc piping under the hood of your BMW.... Seriously, I think all the improvements he described are the result of the tune-up he made.... his cold-air intake is the same priciple used to build a snorkel on a 4x4... And we use to open up the air boxes all the way to the filter on our Hondas 15 years ago... I bet his name is written on his door and the misses name on the passenger door...

Jeff