PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with driving kids...

DanDombrowski
06-23-2006, 02:27 PM
Have you ever feared the day your child would come home and say "Mom, Dad, I hit something with the car?" and imagining the tornado of punishment you will have to unleash on them?

Well, all I have to say it that its the other way around this time. My mother called me and had to inform her son that she hit something in his car. No biggie, just a broken headlight, but it felt strage to not be the one in trouble (I've had my share as a teenager).

I love my mother, I won't even let her pay for the new light (not like it matters with the car being traded in anyway). Mistakes happen, and I have a get out of jail free card (now that I'm too old to need it).

http://plaza.ufl.edu/volvo240/busted.JPG

swenpro
06-23-2006, 03:10 PM
enough said.

SC David
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I would tell you to go for some Hella euro ellipsoids, but if you're letting the car go, then nevermind. What exactly did she do??

mikell
06-23-2006, 03:46 PM
I do have a driving kid - 2 weeks ago he totaled the Audi A6. What ya gonna do - he wasn't doing anything stupid at the time, just the breaks when every road in town is under constant construction and most people don't know how to handle it. But then, I know my son is a skilled driver - a graduate of 2 preformance driving schools and a real cool head when at the wheel. It happens, thank god nobody hurt - that's what insurance is there for - first claim in my almost 40 years of paying premiums. Sigh.

DanDombrowski
06-24-2006, 08:07 AM
I think she hit the jeep pulling into the driveway. It sounded like she accidentally dropped the clutch and launched forward.

CharlesAFerg
06-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I think she hit the jeep pulling into the driveway. It sounded like she accidentally dropped the clutch and launched forward.

Rofl, I'm 19 and that's happened to me, except it wasn't anything close to serious. :-P My sister =same story...

But hey, if you need to change the front section, I'll take your chrome grill pieces :-D

You should put an intake there, like the australian guy w/ the white car haha