PDA

View Full Version : I am in a really good mood this morning

Gayle
06-23-2006, 05:28 AM
Because its my birthday.

Because of other stuff going on in our extended family, I forgot until about 2 days ago, so I don't have anything planned.

I already have my presents. I hit my mother up for a piano I found at a garage sale about 2 months ago. I got my razberry (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22453) last month. And I got a box of Chuao chocolates ( http://www.chuaochocolatier.com).

So I am well "presented", but I have no celebratory activities planned (and no--JR--I don't mean that one). I like to celebrate my birthday as a season and not just a day. In that spirit, I usually consider everything I do for the week surrounding my birthday as part of the celebration. I am late in starting the celebration. What should I do?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/birthdaySmall.jpg

GoldenOne
06-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Happy birthday to you! Well since you are well "presented", I think you should go ahead and buy onewhippedpuppys 540 and ship it me! my birthday was about a month ago and im no stranger to accepting late presents!

DABIMR
06-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Well, since I'm new here and it seems late presents are going around,;) mine was May 9th, so I will gladly accept any and all belated gifts..:p

Oh, and Happy Birthday Gayle!!!!!!..:D

Gayle
06-23-2006, 05:43 AM
Happy birthday to you! Well since you are well "presented", I think you should go ahead and buy onewhippedpuppys 540 and ship it me! my birthday was about a month ago and im no stranger to accepting late presents!

A sort of excellent idea. I think I should buy a couple of more e34s. I'll get the gray 535 that was for sale in Chicago. And hey brodee, are you ready to sell the wife's touring.

genphreak
06-23-2006, 06:02 AM
Gee Gayle,

What a surprise. We all thought you were getting younger! Well I wuld say you definately still deserve a Turbo kit for your baby.

And you thought you were presented out! Never! :) Nick

Mendozart
06-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Happy Birthday Gayle! It sounds like your life is fulfilled in many ways. Have a great day.

Gayle
06-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Gee Gayle,

What a surprise. We all thought you were getting younger! Nick

You are correct. I am getting younger. Some people cheat death--I cheat time. I am aflicted by a terminal case of immaturity and it is taking an increasing intense toll on me every year. :)

Qube
06-23-2006, 06:12 AM
Happy Birthday!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/doyoulovetokyo2x1999/hiyoko_cake_anime1.gif

MBXB
06-23-2006, 06:25 AM
Happy Birthday, Gayle!!

nuclearfusion
06-23-2006, 06:39 AM
Congratulations Gayle!

A fine and fair birthday to you - one to relax in, to cherish and even to remember.

Best wishes!

Fusion

p.s. - wheels always make a nice birthday gift to oneself... ;)

p.p.s. - but if you're not interested in buying yourself a gift, how about a detailing for your car and a day drive? That always feels good.

Maybe down your coastal highway with windows down and sunroof open? I'm thinking of that beautiful stretch of road along Highway 1 south of Monterey through the Big Sur, with the smell of the surf and the hillside vegetation... Maybe even stop at Julia Pfeiffer Burns for a bit of beach time? Back to Monterey at the end of the day for a nice dinner - maybe some local calamari tossed in spicy chili to get it started, your taste in fresh seafood for dinner, a pleasant stroll along the boardwalk afterwards and then home for the evening...

Geez, now I don't want to go to work. :)

Bill R.
06-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Kind of like when the e34 odometer hits 299999 miles and quits counting

Morgenster
06-23-2006, 07:02 AM
:D Happy birthday!

Jehu
06-23-2006, 07:27 AM
You should put on your Birthday Suit and head to the nearest Nude Beach:) Post your itinnerary and i'll meet ya there!http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/8782/chris8zn.jpg

Gayle
06-23-2006, 07:38 AM
You should put on your Birthday Suit and head to the nearest Nude Beach:) Post your itinnerary and i'll meet ya there!
Black's beach (http://blacksbeach.org/blacks.html)

Jehu
06-23-2006, 07:46 AM

I was going to say... but i didn't want to narrow it down that much.... oh wait , are you saying you'll be THERE? I'm ON MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgenster
06-23-2006, 07:53 AM

Fill me in cuz if websense blocks this site it must be fun.

GoldenOne
06-23-2006, 07:56 AM
A sort of excellent idea. I think I should buy a couple of more e34s. I'll get the gray 535 that was for sale in Chicago. And hey brodee, are you ready to sell the wife's touring.

which one do i get ;)

califblue
06-23-2006, 07:58 AM
WOW Gayle I wish I had known...i would have surprised you!

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/data/2/41yr.jpg

I wish you all the best in your continual quest for immaturity...
As I have always said " Maturity is a High Price to Pay for Growing Up";)

hope you don't feel like this today:p

http://www.labusas.org/photopost/data/2/41Drunk.jpg

P.S. THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTHOOD

Jehu
06-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Fill me in cuz if websense blocks this site it must be fun.

its is a Nude Beach in San Diego,CA

califblue
06-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Now About Blacks Beach ( VERY WICKED SMILE)

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/questique2000/nudebeach.jpg

Gayle
06-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Kind of like when the e34 odometer hits 299999 miles and quits counting

In my case, the odometer is going in reverse.

angrypancake
06-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Because its my birthday.

Happy birthday! How old now, 28, right? I vote that your husband details your car to within an inch of it's life and then you take it out for a nice cruise. and a picnic, perhaps in the san-o area?!

Gayle
06-23-2006, 09:09 AM
Happy birthday! How old now, 28, right? I vote that your husband details your car to within an inch of it's life and then you take it out for a nice cruise. and a picnic, perhaps in the san-o area?!

You are too kind pancake. You have it half right.

Califblue just called and was giving me a hard time for forgetting my birthday. My husband's mothers funeral was on Tuesday and that sort of over shadowed my birthday this year.

And here is a little gallows humor. Last night I come home and there is this really pretty box on the bar that is about a foot square and wrapped in shinny covering--sort of looked like a box of chocolates. I am like "oh a birthday present for me?" No. It was her ashes. It was just to weird.

31Hertz
06-23-2006, 09:49 AM
And here is a little gallows humor. Last night I come home and there is this really pretty box on the bar that is about a foot square and wrapped in shinny covering--sort of looked like a box of chocolates. I am like "oh a birthday present for me?" No. It was her ashes. It was just to weird.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you didn't mistake it for Nestle Quick...
I am sorry for your loss.:(
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:)
Wow, what a moodswing I just experienced.

TheEndIsNear
06-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Happy Birthday!!!

liquidtiger720
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Happy Birthday Gayle!

Chowchilla Skunkwerks
06-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Happy Birthday Gayle. I love the "energy" you bring to this board. I think you need to organize a west coast E 34 get together. Somewhere like Santa Barbara, San Luis, Morro Bay.etc.
Rob

Javier
06-23-2006, 12:19 PM
very much loved in the forum, may be it helps to be the must active female (jezz, it sounded weird). Sorry Regal's slut, but there is a 1976:36 posting ratio. For the rest of the ladies in the forum, please excuse my rudeness, but in general, you've done great to blend in unnoticed.

Regarding the presents, love you like VENEZUELAN Cocoa, yes, Chuao is in Venezuela, producer of the best cocoa in the world. Next time I visit USA, I'll try to carry some Venezuelan chocolate to send you as a late present.

Javier

Ross
06-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Happy Birthday!

Phil Sanderson
06-23-2006, 01:02 PM
You should definately spend lots of money on yourself (always makes me feel good), go out and look for that elusive M5 you've always wanted (you need another car to wash) or maybe a 540i/6.... no an M5 will cure you of wanting to spend money! Have a great week.
regards
Phil

Paul in NZ
06-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Yes HB Gayle its YOUR day you do what YOU want..

SC David
06-23-2006, 01:46 PM
I am like "oh a birthday present for me?" No. It was her ashes. It was just to weird.
Sounds like what happened to me. So the mail...woman came, and had two packages. One being my new pair of headlights, and the other being my grandfather's ashes. The mailwoman seemed more weirded out than I was, since the package had the funeral home's return address on it. It was bizarre to say the least.

Anyway...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was celebrating my birthday somewhere next to you in that first picture, and that was certainly a worthwhile present for me :)

I guess we should have planned a meet in your name, as the Bimmerfest coordinators did for me.

liquidtiger720
06-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Sounds like what happened to me. So the mail...woman came, and had two packages. One being my new pair of headlights, and the other being my grandfather's ashes. The mailwoman seemed more weirded out than I was, since the package had the funeral home's return address on it. It was bizarre to say the least.

Anyway...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was celebrating my birthday somewhere next to you in that first picture, and that was certainly a worthwhile present for me :)

I guess we should have planned a meet in your name, as the Bimmerfest coordinators did for me.

Dude, I didn't know it was your birthday. haha. Happy Birthday, a little late.

SharkmanBMW
06-23-2006, 03:08 PM

Happy Birthday Gayle, but you should buy Fkong's 540 instead.... mmmmm

SC David
06-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Dude, I didn't know it was your birthday. haha. Happy Birthday, a little late.
Haha, thanks. I never mentioned it I guess. I've never been real big on my own bdays.

genphreak
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
You are correct. I am getting younger. Some people cheat death--I cheat time. I am aflicted by a terminal case of immaturity and it is taking an increasing intense toll on me every year. :)Maturity is for those morally or situationally damaged. For nice people that have been lucky, immaturity is a luxury that can be savoured along with learnt wisdoms.

Have a great week, I hope you get a chance to break free of the norm and indulge yourself doing at least a day of things that only you want to do... (like being on .info with us... :D of course). Nick

Jr ///M5
06-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Heh,heh...here's your present Gayle :D ...http://www.usahunk.com/new_ajay_large.jpg

The fireman is for fighting the flames back from the candles on the cake!:D

From one ol' fart to another, Happy Birthday....and for a good laugh, go visit your local Hallmark store and read some of the birthday greeting cards, it's sure to put you in even a better mood and maybe bring a tear to your eye.

On a serious note, condolences to the family on your loss. Take the Hallmark advise.;)

Jr

Evan
06-23-2006, 04:24 PM
bangkok

TheEndIsNear
06-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey if you set up a West Coast meet, I'm there!

Gayle
06-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Happy Birthday Gayle, it is obvious you are ... very much loved in the forum, may be it helps to be the most active female.
Javier

Happy Birthday Gayle. I love the "energy" you bring to this board. I think you need to organize a west coast E 34 get together. Somewhere like Santa Barbara, San Luis, Morro Bay.etc.
Rob

These two posts make me feel sooo good. Thanks. And Rob, I am psyched for sharkfest in Montery in September.

From one ol' fart to another, Happy Birthday
Jr

Please JR--it would be from one ol' fart to another ol' fartess.

p.s. - wheels always make a nice birthday gift to oneself... ;)

You know, I agree. I think a girl can never have too many shoes or too many sets of rims. I would like a set of style 5s and a set of style 42s to go with my o.e. m parallels.

Have a great week, I hope you get a chance to break free of the norm and indulge yourself. Nick

Here is the first major indulgence of the day. A real switch from my normal diet of rabbit food and anti-oxidents. Hubby assures me that they are not assassination cannoli as in "leave the gun, bring the cannoli."
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/birthdaycannoliSmall.jpg

Yes HB Gayle its YOUR day you do what YOU want..

Now I am off in search of a swimming pool sized margarita!

Zeuk in Oz
06-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Happy Birthday Gayle.

BTW, how American - let it all hang out.

Surprised you don't call them "beachniks". :D

As far as spending money on yourself, may I suggest a BMW driving course in an M3. Now that would be a blast ! :)

If you don't have them there, we certainly do in Oz so come over for a little R & R.

Gayle
06-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Happy Birthday Gayle.

BTW, how American - let it all hang out.

Surprised you don't call them "beachniks". :D

As far as spending money on yourself, may I suggest a BMW driving course in an M3. Now that would be a blast ! :)

If you don't have them there, we certainly do in Oz so come over for a little R & R.

The truth is I have lived about 10 miles from that beach for almost 18 years and have never been to the nude section. And for that matter, I don't know anyone else who has been there either. The idea of sunburn on parts of my body that have never seen sunlight just doesn't appeal to me.

fujioko
06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Happy Birthday to 'ya Gayle! enjoy!

califblue
06-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Gayle, a couple of your Bimmerfest Friends wanted to wish you a
HAPPY BIRTHDAY as well:D

they said they would meet you at Blacks Beach ( I am sure Josh well be HOT on their heels with several bottles of sunscreen;) )

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/califblue/P1010307.jpg

and Pat checking your ID to make sure you were old enough to have BLUE Cup Adult Beverages
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/califblue/P1010318.jpg

P.S. Seriously Have a wonderful day and know you really know we all Love YA

You Car Crazy WOMAN!

ska-texas
06-23-2006, 06:55 PM
From a transplanted SoCal family living in the lonestar state. Happy Birthday.

Gayle
06-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Now I am off in search of a swimming pool sized margarita!

Found it!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/swimmingpoolSmall.jpg

The mariachi band singing "My Way" in Spanish. Too funny!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/mywaySmall.jpg

Ahhhh!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/3Small.jpg

It was a really good birthday. You guys are my friends. Thanks for adding a lot of smiles to my day.:)

BigKriss
06-24-2006, 02:27 AM
Happy 21st Gayle!

BigKriss
06-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Happy 21st Gayle!

mattyb
06-24-2006, 02:56 AM
happy birthday to our mate gayle. and may I say you is lookin damned fine girl! and I mean reeeeeeal fine! all the best

Javier
06-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Javier

Regals Slut
06-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I do not see the need for me to post constantly about things that have nothing to do with Bimmers. I don't know much about cars in general anyways so posting nonsence is all I would be contributing.

Sorry Regal's slut, but there is a 1976:36 posting ratio. For the rest of the ladies in the forum, please excuse my rudeness.
Javier

Gayle
06-24-2006, 08:54 AM
I do not see the need for me to post constantly about things that have nothing to do with Bimmers. I don't know much about cars in general anyways so posting nonsence is all I would be contributing.

Well the great thing about bimmer.info is that everyone is welcome to participate in their own way from the professional experts to those who can't figure out were the key goes and from the post whores to the lurkers. :)

632 Regal
06-24-2006, 09:08 AM
i post nonsence :D

joshua43214
06-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Happy Bday Gayle.

Does Regals Slut really exist? or is she a figment of the imagination?

I'm told a lady can never have too many shoes, so I suppose it reasonable that her car can't have to many rims either.

Gayle
06-24-2006, 10:34 AM

She exists. She was at the event in Chicago with Jeff (632 Regal). She has a name that gets shortened to the nickname of Mil and she is very nice. Her picture is in Jeff's sig pic right above your post.

I understand your skepticism as some of the regulars including me have been known to create other identities and stir up trouble. Our alter egos always get busted and banished though. There was someone who had the screeen name "sexy barb" that I was just sure was fake not long ago, but she swore up and down she was real and she was well behaved.

And on the subject of figments of the imagination, my husband actually exists and is not a figment of the imagination as some of you might think as I never bring him to car stuff. His arm is in the corner of the mariachi band picture. He has a name too but he prefers to be anonymous.

Regals Slut
06-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Happy Bday Gayle.

I'm told a lady can never have too many shoes, so I suppose it reasonable that her car can't have to many rims either.

Yes I REALLY do exsit I am for REAL and not a figment of the imagination!!!!!!!

HDhandyman
06-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Well the great thing about bimmer.info is that everyone is welcome to participate in their own way from the professional experts to those who can't figure out were the key goes and from the post whores to the lurkers. :)

Still Lurkin'! ---Happy Birthday;)

Gayle
06-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Still Lurkin'! ---Happy Birthday;)

Hey lurker. Send me some music for my birthday.:)

HDhandyman
06-24-2006, 02:31 PM
that's weird, I already....uhmm...sent music. ---huh

Gayle
06-24-2006, 02:46 PM
that's weird, I already....uhmm...sent music. ---huh

You must be psychic. ;) I guess I should check my email.

mattyb
06-25-2006, 07:27 PM
gayle! i have just received via racing pidgeon from Bosnia Herzagivina a message wishing you a happy birthday from Fukem5. He said that;

Happy birthday Gayle.

I am unable to wish u personnaly on the board as I am currently involved in the development with the E64 M5 and am not allowed out of the compound or access to communicatre with the outside world.

I am also very busy as I am the captain, manager, leading goal scorer and head trainer for the world cup soccer squad for Angola at my cousin spirios request and really did forget your birfday.

Many happy returns from the head of future design and all the team at BMW AG Munich Germany.

Gayle
06-25-2006, 08:13 PM
You aussies and your wicked sense of humor just crack me up. But hey, thanks.

Please convey my sincerest appreciation to Fukem5. I feel truly honored that a person in his position could take time from his important duties to remember my birthday. And if Fukem5 should ever make it to California, I would consider it my special privelege to show him around. :D

genphreak
06-25-2006, 09:01 PM
You aussies and your wicked sense of humor just crack me up. But hey, thanks.

Please convey my sincerest appreciation to Fukem5. I feel truly honored that a person in his position could take time from his important duties to remember my birthday. And if Fukem5 should ever make it to California, I would consider it my special privelege to show him around. :DLMAO, Gayle if fukem5 turned up in SoCal and you guys went sight seeing I don't think it'd last 5 minutes, you'd both be fighting over who would be doing the driving and if not that who was fastest from A-B... !!

He turned up at our party without any beer and said he couldn't drink too much as it'd wreck his driving skills at the track training on Monday and also somehting about the engineering freaks at BMW would find traces of alcohol in his blood during his arrival physical a few weeks later when he went there to 'take over M-sport R&D'. He couldn't get off on the wrong foot and lead the Germans by poor example, but still only managed to drink most of the 3 cases that poor wingman had laid on, plus he demolished the remains of our dinner then got all freako and started posting **** all over the board.

I reckon you shoul've thrown him out Matty! Maybe if it wasn't for all those invaluable tips he was telling us, we probably all would have... How are the claybar modelling classes coming along by the way bud- is Rob still a student?

:D Nick