PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to change the brake fluid without taking the wheels off?

Anton CH.
03-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Its very tight in the rear but I think its possible, the front should be even easier. Just wondering if anyone else done it this way.

mholbrook
03-30-2004, 08:53 PM
If you can get the hose attached to the bleed nipple it can be done. I think there is "just" enough room. Use a combination wrench (7mm) to loosen the nipple. Better yet get some speed bleeders and it's a one-man job without using a pressure bleeder.

Mike Holbrook
Spring Valley, CA

Anton CH.
03-30-2004, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the tip but I don't think I want to invest in a pressure bleeder just yet.

dave b
03-30-2004, 10:51 PM
I guess you could, but with the manual, you have to bleed the cluch salave cylinder too, so you're going to have to jack the car up anyway (if that's what you're trying to avoid).

Unregistered
03-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Its very tight in the rear but I think its possible, the front should be even easier. Just wondering if anyone else done it this way.

moots
03-30-2004, 11:05 PM

I have.No jacking required.I just slide under.Wifey on the pedal.Attach a hose to the bleed nipple and keep the other end submerged in brake fluid in a container.All 4 corners done in 45 mins. :D

Paul in NZ
03-31-2004, 03:32 AM
:d