PDA

View Full Version : OT: Broken AC? Don't Worry!!! There's HOPE!

saj3n
06-21-2006, 03:45 PM
https://www.autocooltv.com/index.asp

cableface
06-21-2006, 04:01 PM
https://www.autocooltv.com/index.asp
My fiance and I saw this the other day on the tube and laughed our asses off... god help the dumbshits that buy this crap.

Blitzkrieg Bob
06-21-2006, 04:48 PM
works better.

Just gets a little rough holding it in traffic.

Green light, green light come on green light!

DanDombrowski
06-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Oh man, and I've been leaving the windows cracked open for years! Man I'm dumb!

BillionPa
06-21-2006, 07:20 PM
actually, because of the way heat rises, that would work, just not nearly to the extent they advertise.

when im done with all the crap i need to do to fix my car, im going to build some solar panels into the rear panel under the window, and use it to power some fans that will blow air directly out of the solar panel when in the angled position.

a couple of high efficiency low profile zalman fans should do the trick.

also i have this nice sliding cover that keeps sun out of the front window, very handy!

borderchris
06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, laugh if you will, but I bought one. Yep, bolted right up to my intake, works just like a turbo. Also gets me about 40 MPG, since I'm solar-powered now...
Damn, if I had only waited for the second chance 9.99 offer!

Chris...

Alexlind123
06-21-2006, 09:50 PM
actually, because of the way heat rises, that would work, just not nearly to the extent they advertise.

when im done with all the crap i need to do to fix my car, im going to build some solar panels into the rear panel under the window, and use it to power some fans that will blow air directly out of the solar panel when in the angled position.

a couple of high efficiency low profile zalman fans should do the trick.

also i have this nice sliding cover that keeps sun out of the front window, very handy!

Do the parked ventilation mod.

liquidtiger720
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Park Vent + tilted sunroof + sunshade FTW.

632 Regal
06-21-2006, 10:11 PM
hellooooo we already have an air evac system in our cars that can be pre-programmed. am i missing something or all you retards without an owners manual?

PS i bolted 6 of these on my hood and it didnt help much below 70 degrees.

Pics will follow

BillionPa
06-22-2006, 12:28 AM
i tried the parked vent thing, but that doesnt use the free power of the sun, and it was only a timer (is there another way?) so it wasnt running 4 hours later when i get to my car and its 120F inside!

Mr Project
06-22-2006, 03:21 AM
You're supposed to use the timer to kick the parked vent control on about 15 minutes before you come back to the car....that way it's cooled off when you get back, but doesn't run the fan the whole time.

saj3n
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
It does work wonders. Even in winter... I actually had it run before getting the to car, and it actually warmed it up a bit.

Alexlind123
06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
hellooooo we already have an air evac system in our cars that can be pre-programmed. am i missing something or all you retards without an owners manual?

PS i bolted 6 of these on my hood and it didnt help much below 70 degrees.

Pics will follow

My car doesnt have the parked ventilation, but there have been instructions posted on how to activate it.

Jr ///M5
06-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Just wait for the Hydrogen powered cars.....you will be able to frost your balls without the car even running!!!