PDA

View Full Version : Are these parts okay or not?

pundit
06-21-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm about to purchase parts from BMA for a suspension rebuild on my 535i and while I'll be buying Lemfoerder for upper and lower arms etc. I can only find the sway bar links and rear dogbones on offer from Ocap & Meyle.

Are these okay or not? In fact who is the OEM supplier of these parts?

As far as the steering linkages are concerned I believe TRW is OEM... YES?/NO? - TIA

cableface
06-21-2006, 10:08 AM
I asked the same thing a couple days ago and was told to call BMA. They have the lemforder sway links, just not listed on their site. I havent called to order them yet so I cant say for sure. Probably do that today. Peeps on the boards said do NOT get anything other than the lemforder links or else I'd be sorry.

632 Regal
06-21-2006, 10:28 AM
wont be sorry til you need to replace them and cant loosen the nuts...acetaline torch time...
I asked the same thing a couple days ago and was told to call BMA. They have the lemforder sway links, just not listed on their site. I havent called to order them yet so I cant say for sure. Probably do that today. Peeps on the boards said do NOT get anything other than the lemforder links or else I'd be sorry.

BigKriss
06-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Sway bar links and rear dogbones are availble in Lemforder, you just have to ask and they are more expensive than the Meyle brand. I'm running them for a year now without any troubles. For the steering linkages I bought TRW track rod and everything else was Lemforder - thts what Patrick suggested.