PDA

View Full Version : A/C Update

granit_silber
06-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Well, after 8 days of driving around in 90 degree weather I was finally able to get my car to the shop for the a/c repair. I'm pretty excited about this shop, it's relatively new and not only caters to the motorsport crowd but also regular schmucks like me. They only use factory parts and have a labor rate that is half of what other shops charge. They also have a 12,000 mile/ 12 month guantee on the work.

Also I'm astounded by the amazing German engineers that put this cr together. After 14 years, with no service the system was still fully charged! The compressor's internals are shot, but it's the orginal compressor! I've never owned a US car that made it past five years without having to have the a/c system recharged.

So tomorrow they're putting in a new compressor, replacing all the pulleys on the front of the block, changing the belts, and converting it to r134a!

-ashley

stargazer_61
06-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Ashley,

Where are you taking your car? I am in Kernersville.

John

granit_silber
06-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Ashley,

Where are you taking your car? I am in Kernersville.

John

Mann Motorsport in Greensboro. they're off exit 210 off of 40 (heading east). Get off the exit and go stright throught the light, then turn left (on S. regional rd.). About half a mile on the left. Red brick building on your left also houses Central Carolina Grading.
-ashley

stargazer_61
06-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Thanks!

John

ricks5series
06-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks!

John
I need my condensor replaced. What are they charging you for labor on it?