PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy

Phatty5BMW
06-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey guys, I got a guy that has some O.Z. 18 in. Rims for sale with brand new nitto's on it, i can get them for 350 bucks.... The tires are 225/40-18. They fit fine on the hub but the bolt hole pattern is little smaller, about half a bolt hole smaller. The rims/tires were off of an 03 Jag, i dont know the exact model. I found they you can buy wheel adapters but would this make the e34 go whack? Do you guys think I would have enough clearance with the spacers and the 18's? You guys think this is worth it? I am debating it but please let me know what you guys think!!!! Thx a bunch

Pat

Phatty5BMW
06-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Here is what the rims look like

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=O.Z.&wheelModel=Classe&wheelFinish=Bright+Sil+w%2FPol+Stainless+Lip

nuclearfusion
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I'd look into that pretty carefully - it would be surprising if any adapter you could purchase would allow you to use a wheel whose bolt circle is the wrong diameter.

Enjoy!

Fusion

Phatty5BMW
06-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Well yes understood. Here is one of the links I found.
http://www.adaptitusa.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=7

Phatty5BMW
06-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Nobody???

granit_silber
06-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Hey guys, I got a guy that has some O.Z. 18 in. Rims for sale with brand new nitto's on it, i can get them for 350 bucks.... The tires are 225/40-18. They fit fine on the hub but the bolt hole pattern is little smaller, about half a bolt hole smaller. The rims/tires were off of an 03 Jag, i dont know the exact model. I found they you can buy wheel adapters but would this make the e34 go whack? Do you guys think I would have enough clearance with the spacers and the 18's? You guys think this is worth it? I am debating it but please let me know what you guys think!!!! Thx a bunch

Pat
If it's 350 for the set, then buy 'em and put 'em on the bay.
-ashley

Qube
06-20-2006, 10:05 AM
On the link posted, the adapters are $100 EACH?!? If so, I'd just buy a new wheel and tire package!

fkong777
06-20-2006, 10:30 AM
I would stay away from adaptors or even spacers if at all possible. Just save your cash and buy a set of M-Par replicas.

nuclearfusion
06-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Nobody???

Having a look at the adapters you mentioned, I'm skeptical. Unless on the off-chance you get very lucky it would seem that you're looking at a whole range of possible problems including clearance issues in just about every direction, the fact that our cars use wheel bolts rather than nuts would mean that your adapters need to have internal threads - unless you want to change over to lugs (be sure to get right shoulder profile), etc. etc.

I think I'd just get some proper-fitting wheels and forego all the potential hassle. If you're already committed to the deal on the OZ wheels, maybe sell them?

Enjoy!

Fusion

angrypancake
06-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Resale on the OZ's would possibly be beneficial, if they're not curbed to all hell. There are adapters out there, I've seen ones that make 5x112 (Audi) fit to 5x120 and vice versa. Not something I'd do personally, but if it works, why knock it? It just depends on what the pattern for the Jag is versus what your bimmer is. Offset as well.