PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 540i M-sport before I modify it. So Cal

fkong777
06-19-2006, 01:44 PM
**EDIT***
No longer FOR SALE. Started to Upgrade. Sold T-stars.
See below for pics.
May be for sale again in a couple years.

95 540i M-sport - Auto - Oxford Green, Parchment leather.; $9000 firm
WBAHE6329sGF34452 Up For Sale til Aug 10, 2006
140K on Chassis, 50K on Motor.

1 of 65 Auto M-sport in the US.. Possibly one of the Rarest E34 available. There is only 200 M-sport Optioned 540i in the US. Full service record, and Tiresmart Monitoring System. Smog Check Passed for California. T-Star wheel perfect and refinished. M-sport are the only E34 in the US to have EDCIII. Electronic Damper System. currently it is my daily driver.

I just bought this car. I didn’t realize it is soooo rare, I’m hesitant to swap out all the parts that I want to swap out. So anyone wants to own this rare edition I’m giving someone a chance to buy it. There is full service record that come with the car. I will let it go for the price I got it for before I start my mods. I just feel like I’m butchering up a RARE beast. No worry on Nikasil issue, engine was swap by warranty to Alusil Motor. The car is Fast and solid. I don’t even feel fast when I’m doing 90mph. 90-100 mph is just a stomp of the pedal away. very effortless speed. In my search for my ideal V8 E34, I will be doing bunch of mods to it. Before I do so, if anyone wants an authentic M-sport edition. Here is your chance.

Issues:
Whats needed is 2 EDC damper.. Front Right and Rear Left. about $1500 in parts then the Car will be back to its OEM Glory. Body has a some small dings but nothing major.

If I don’t sell it I will be doing my choice of Mods.
My Planned Mods:
- EAT Chip
- Dinan Tranny Software
- Aftermarket Exhaust.. resonator delete and Performance muffler
- Clear Corners
- Armrest for Sport Seats.
- HID 9006 headlights.
- Sub box.

Mods I’m hesitating to do. But I must if I’m Keeping this car.

- Koni and H&R springs to replace the EDC and SLS
(This is the most conflicting mod I planning to do.. I don’t see the benefit to keep EDC due to the costly strut replacement plus I want a good ride. At the same time I feel like I’m removing the feature that makes a M-sport special. This will require me to get Strut housing and top mount for a 540i to complete. I will also need to disable the self leveling system. Not a simple strut insert replacement. )

- Installing MK motorsport MK1 wheels and Selling T-Star wheels.
(I wont part with the MK wheels that is the only reason that I bought another e34 BMW is to use the MK wheels again. Due to Budget I have to work with .. I will have to sell the perfect and refinished OEM t-star wheels to do my suspension.)

I already purchased and added some items.
- Tint 15% all around.
- Akebono Euro brake pads
- Oil change with German Castrol Syntec.
- New headlight bulbs. 9006 Nokya ArcticWhite.
- Aiwa head unit that plays MP3 CD and front Aux port. I still have the oem head unit with codes for now.

By no means this is a Bad Car.. but the mods I plan to do I can do so on any other 540i. I don’t have to do it to a M-sport Edition. I’m not spending any money to sell it because I’ll keep it if no one see this opportunity. so it will not come up on Cars.com , autotrader or ebay. Up for sale until Aug 10, 2006. After that I’m going to let it rip…

Seriouly buyer only.
MY contact info.
Fredkong@yahoo.com or PM.
626-780-1210
Los Angele, CA area

SharkmanBMW
06-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Keep it and do your mods... it will be worth even more. The suspension replacement would likely be done by whoever buys it anyways, no one would repair that OEM suspension.
You will end up with a rare, ultimate e34.

onewhippedpuppy
06-19-2006, 03:10 PM
All of that stuff is reversible, and the suspension is more a repair than a mod. Unless there's other motivations, like wanting something else. keep it and have fun.

MTechnik540i
06-19-2006, 05:57 PM
95 540i M-sport - Auto - Oxford Green, Parchment leather.; $9000 firm
WBAHE6329sGF34452 Up For Sale til Aug 10, 2006
140K on Chassis, 50K on Motor.

1 of 65 Auto M-sport in the US.. Possibly one of the Rarest E34 available. There is only 200 M-sport Optioned 540i in the US. Full service record, and Tiresmart Monitoring System. Smog Check Passed for California. T-Star wheel perfect and refinished. M-sport are the only E34 in the US to have EDCIII. Electronic Damper System. currently it is my daily driver.

I just bought this car. I didn’t realize it is soooo rare, I’m hesitant to swap out all the parts that I want to swap out. So anyone wants to own this rare edition I’m giving someone a chance to buy it. There is full service record that come with the car. I will let it go for the price I got it for before I start my mods. I just feel like I’m butchering up a RARE beast. No worry on Nikasil issue, engine was swap by warranty to Alusil Motor. The car is Fast and solid. I don’t even feel fast when I’m doing 90mph. 90-100 mph is just a stomp of the pedal away. very effortless speed. In my search for my ideal V8 E34, I will be doing bunch of mods to it. Before I do so, if anyone wants an authentic M-sport edition. Here is your chance.

Issues:
Whats needed is 2 EDC damper.. Front Right and Rear Left. about $1500 in parts then the Car will be back to its OEM Glory. Body has a some small dings but nothing major.

If I don’t sell it I will be doing my choice of Mods.
My Planned Mods:
- EAT Chip
- Dinan Tranny Software
- Aftermarket Exhaust.. resonator delete and Performance muffler
- Clear Corners
- Armrest for Sport Seats.
- HID 9006 headlights.
- Sub box.

Mods I’m hesitating to do. But I must if I’m Keeping this car.

- Koni and H&R springs to replace the EDC and SLS
(This is the most conflicting mod I planning to do.. I don’t see the benefit to keep EDC due to the costly strut replacement plus I want a good ride. At the same time I feel like I’m removing the feature that makes a M-sport special. This will require me to get Strut housing and top mount for a 540i to complete. I will also need to disable the self leveling system. Not a simple strut insert replacement. )

- Installing MK motorsport MK1 wheels and Selling T-Star wheels.
(I wont part with the MK wheels that is the only reason that I bought another e34 BMW is to use the MK wheels again. Due to Budget I have to work with .. I will have to sell the perfect and refinished OEM t-star wheels to do my suspension.)

I already purchased and added some items.
- Tint 15% all around.
- Akebono Euro brake pads
- Oil change with German Castrol Syntec.
- New headlight bulbs. 9006 Nokya ArcticWhite.
- Aiwa head unit that plays MP3 CD and front Aux port. I still have the oem head unit with codes for now.

By no means this is a Bad Car.. but the mods I plan to do I can do so on any other 540i. I don’t have to do it to a M-sport Edition. I’m not spending any money to sell it because I’ll keep it if no one see this opportunity. so it will not come up on Cars.com , autotrader or ebay. Up for sale until Aug 10, 2006. After that I’m going to let it rip…

Seriouly buyer only.
MY contact info.
Fredkong@yahoo.com or PM.
626-780-1210
Los Angele, CA area

This is a STEAL! Somebody pick this sucker up.

Another one of the 65, Represent!

angrypancake
06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
but you just got it!

fkong777
06-20-2006, 07:37 AM
but you just got it!

Yes I have big plans for it too.. but I will be changing out a lot of stuff like susp and wheels that makes the Msport special. It is sooo original right now.

nuclearfusion
06-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Yes I have big plans for it too.. but I will be changing out a lot of stuff like susp and wheels that makes the Msport special. It is sooo original right now.

I wouldn't want to mess with your plans, but *why* twiddle with that car? If it were me I'd just repair it and love it. (It does seem that's the point of your post - you don't want to do all that to a pristine example...)

Having said that, if you're keen to get rid of it it would seem you've found a good spot to advertise it. I expect you'll have no trouble at all getting rid of it if that's your decision.

But I wouldn't do it if I were you. :)

Enjoy!

Fusion

fkong777
06-21-2006, 09:19 AM
You see the EDCIII is a Love / Hate kind of thing...

You love it because it is special to the M-sport.
1. switch to Sports or auto setting with a switch of a button.

You hate it because
1. 2 damper leaking $1500
2. Ride is on the hard side.
3. Potential 2 more damper leaking.

fkong777
07-15-2006, 03:05 AM
about to sell the t-stars

found all the source for parts to replace EDC..

Anyone interested before I pull EDC out?

fkong777
08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Just sold the t-stars.

Already started modding the car.. May put it up for sell in a couple years.

Installed
Intake
Blackout tape - shawdow line.
MK wheels.
Tint 15%

Progress pics.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2358000-2358999/2358062_16_full.jpg

Next up Koni Suspension
EAT chip
Dinan Tranny Chip

Jehu
08-01-2006, 06:10 PM
You're asking too little for it ..............