PDA

View Full Version : Good Indy in Pa..??

bigmuthatrucker
06-16-2006, 05:56 AM
I have a 90 525i with some service issues.. I bought the car it was a mess and ready to be scraped basically everything was broke or seemed so anyway.. I am having a problem with the battery holding a charge.. It has a new battery so it is either a bad alternator or a parasitic drow somewhere.. Heres a list of things I have replaced since I had bought it for 700$$
Muffler rebuilt driverside seat "short in one of the motors LKM, Flasher, Mirror switch, foglight switch, Bulbs in OBC and Cluster, Front bumper, hood,Drivers fog light, front drivers strut, Air filter, clear tails. clear fronts both depo's, Wiper motor, Both rear door lock actuators, drivers side headlamp set, Rear brakes, Fusable link, front and rear emblems and replaced bottlecaps with 16" BBS style from a 535i.. Most of the parts I have been pulled from a junkyard The only thing I payed a decent amount money for was the depo's wiper motor and bumper hood.. alltogether I have about a grand into it.. Here are the remaining shortcomings as stated before battery wont hold charge shifter seems to be out of sync. When it says it is in park it isnt it seems that all the gear seem to be one off.. meaning the dash will say "N" and it will be drive.. and drive shaft is unbalanced.. The car has finally begun to take shape and look presentable Still has a bit to go yet however it is on the home stretch..
Thanks
jim

tim s
06-16-2006, 06:00 AM
foreign & domestic auto repair. he works on quiet a few bmw's.
by the way i live in schuylkill haven.
tim s.

bigmuthatrucker
06-16-2006, 08:16 AM
wow thats cool most people in the coal region drive chevys LOL.. Thats the guy in pottsville (yorkville) right... I totally forgot about that place as I do most of the work on my car personally..

DaCan23
06-16-2006, 09:02 AM
Mike Miller who writes Tech Talk in Roundel is in Dingledorf, PA and is active in the PA Chapter.

If you drop him a line at techtalk@roundel.org he might be able to give some good indys

bigmuthatrucker
06-16-2006, 10:04 AM
hey thanks
I found two within an hour or so from my house.. I would prefer to take it to a Knowledgable BMW guy that just works on BMW's Thanks again
jim

tim s
06-16-2006, 01:55 PM
next door to R&R auto group south schuylkill haven.
his name is mark, phone number is 570-385-5741.
if it was not for him i would have sold this car a year ago.
tim s.

bigmuthatrucker
06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
oh ok down by savage aka becker brothers... Ill have to give him a try.. thanks

tim s
06-16-2006, 07:12 PM
tim s.