PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to tune up the 535

clhorton
06-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Well I have 2 main problems right now that I'm trying to solve and I have gotten a lot of info out of the archive, but wanted you guys take on this.

1. After having intermittent fan blower I checked the normal avenues and found that in the fuse box it looks like something blew up pretty nicely a long time ago well now there are two wires coming from fuse 19 that are hooked to a 30a circuit breaker. The fan works a little longer the slower the speed, but either way the circuit breaker will eventually cut it off. What I found interesting though is that when the engine is off and the key is just turned to the on position it seems to run endlessly on full speed (4), but once the car is cranked the breaker will trip a few seconds later. I am thinking that the blower motor is just bad and the PO tried to rig it which is why there has to be a breaker in the circuit now.

2. The car has always stumbled over itself when starting out from a complete stop. It doesnt act like it wants to die it just seems to hesitate some. Most of the old posts on this seem to suggest the AFM. If it is the AFM what choices do I have before buying a new one. Is it possible to rectify this by cleaning it?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

BillionPa
06-15-2006, 09:20 PM
that stumbling can also be caused by clogged fuel filters or bad distributor rotor/cap.... among various other things, but check those first.