PDA

View Full Version : out with the 535 in with a 525!!

shuriken
06-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Well it seems the time of year to be changing or breaking our beloved cars looking at the threads on here. After getting some very good feed back on my tyre /front end problems I have desided that enough is enough with my 1988 E34 535i SE. Over the last 4 years have spent a few thousand on the car and the latest problems have pushed me too far. Well that and the intermitant electrical cut outs, fuel gadge now in-accurate(even after a £400 new dash) various oil leaks, and a rear screen heating element that melts the fuse! I have put a deposit down on an E34 1992 525i (auto, my licence is one point away from a ban!) On the face of it the car drives real well and is quite lazy to drive, especially after my 535 manual 5 speed:D . My question is: I'm going to strip my old car and salvage what I can from it. (It has a 540 interior and usual SE gizzmos too.) Are all the cars equiped with the same wiring looms? Can I take out my on board computer and centre light with map lights and retro fit to the newer car? And the battery is 84amp against the 64 odd of the 525, is that a problem or can I use it? Wheels i will keep for another day. The rolling chassis(i do have spare wheels) is up for grabs if any one in UK wants it... panels are good and no rust on doors £150 ono? Engine is 140k on clock too. It will need to be towed as i am taking most things i feel i will need as spares though:D This will be scraped at the end of next week though as no room on drive at all.