PDA

View Full Version : Major gearbox problems

Wyn
06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Yesterday I was driving along, and all of a sudden my gearbox starts rattling/vibrating quite badly. It's not a violent shake, but it sounds and feels absolutely horrible. It has a sound similar to if you let off the clutch a little early and you grind the gears a little, but not as violent, but it's a constant noise. It's really only noticeable over 30mph.... below that it's not all that noticeable.

632 Regal
06-15-2006, 09:07 AM
inspection time, hopefully its only the guibo or something like that. anytime you get that its from slop in the driveline, could even possibly be the cv joints.

Tiger
06-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Change your fluid to Redline if no major damage visibly seen

Derek A.
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
guibo ???

BillionPa
06-15-2006, 09:00 PM
guibo = flex disk on driveshaft.

genphreak
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Yesterday I was driving along, and all of a sudden my gearbox starts rattling/vibrating quite badly. It's not a violent shake, but it sounds and feels absolutely horrible. It has a sound similar to if you let off the clutch a little early and you grind the gears a little, but not as violent, but it's a constant noise. It's really only noticeable over 30mph.... below that it's not all that noticeable.Hopefully guibo or centre bearing.... clutch even... ? Good luck! :) To visually check you have to pull the exhaust and the drive shaft. Any noise transferring from the middle of the car? That would mean less trouble...