PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start

1991 525i Novs
06-15-2006, 06:37 AM
hey guys,

so i went to start my car this morning and it would crank over, everything electrical is working, just wont crank, and the funny part was i was going to drop it off at the mechanic for a check over and greese and oil too, what do u think it could be, starter or what, nice part is i get free towing from state farm insurance...

let me know what u guys are thinking here

pgrindstaff
06-15-2006, 06:58 AM
I had the exact same problem this morning. I am going to try replacing spark plugs and fuel filters after work today. Good luck getting it running :)

hey guys,

so i went to start my car this morning and it would crank over, everything electrical is working, just wont crank, and the funny part was i was going to drop it off at the mechanic for a check over and greese and oil too, what do u think it could be, starter or what, nice part is i get free towing from state farm insurance...

1991 525i Novs
06-16-2006, 10:29 AM
hey guys,

so it turned out to be the fuel pump going out on me. A damn $600, is that pretty good for the chicago area or what, i think i have the oil changed and the rest of the car checked, so

pgrindstaff
06-16-2006, 01:31 PM
You can get a fuel sender and pump for a total of about $450 at http://www.bmaparts.com

I am unsure but have a feeling I will be getting both soon, have a feeling my car won't start because of no fuel.

so it turned out to be the fuel pump going out on me. A damn $600, is that pretty good for the chicago area or what, i think i have the oil changed and the rest of the car checked, so

BillionPa
06-16-2006, 04:16 PM
sounds like the same problem on both cars, one day.... it just wont start!