PDA

View Full Version : OT: Chalk one up for the good guys; I busted a hit-and-run driver

Jay 535i
06-14-2006, 11:43 AM
So I'm sittin' here at my desk (at home) working, with the window open, when I hear that dreaded 'crunch' we all know and have nightmares about. I look out the window right down onto my apartment building's visitor parking area to see a Chevy Impala trying desperately to unwedge itself from a parked Oldsmobile Aurora.

The Impala totally ruins both doors on the Aurora and the rear quarter panel, and drives off. I got his plate. :D

Justice is so satisfying.

Off-off-topic: Impala? Aurora? What are these people thinking?

GoldenOne
06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
ha, i bet ya the guy/girl in the impala still thinks nobody saw him...i bet you he/she was drunk....ah well props to you! I'm sure the Aurora owner will love you long time now...

Jay 535i
06-14-2006, 12:02 PM
It happened at 2pm so I don't think alcohol was a factor. But for sure the guy/girl thinks nobody saw. They're gonna get an unpleasant knock on the door later today from the boys in blue, I suspect.

The Aurora owner was grateful, indeed. I'm just doing my part to stamp out that kind of bastage.

bimmerd00d
06-14-2006, 12:02 PM
If i were the aurora driver, i'd offer you a decent reward. Maybe they'll be as generous

632 Regal
06-14-2006, 12:03 PM
awsome! someone is gonna **** when they see the feds pull up their driveway.

Jay 535i
06-14-2006, 12:04 PM
If i were the aurora driver, i'd offer you a decent reward. Maybe they'll be as generous

He didn't offer, but I wouldn't have accepted. I'm just doing what any good citizen ought to do.

In any case, I don't think I actually saved him any money. His insurance would have paid off regardless. But it feels good to catch a criminal.

Jay 535i
06-14-2006, 12:07 PM
awsome! someone is gonna **** when they see the feds pull up their driveway.

Yup:

It is a serious offence under the Criminal Code to leave the scene of an accident. Penalties for failing to remain at the scene include fines ranging between $200 and $2000, seven demerit points, a maximum of six months in jail and a suspended licence for up to two years.

E34 530
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
lol. I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. A girl didn't have the right of way and turned at a light even though she was supposed to wait until oncoming traffic was clear. Anyway, she made the turn and someone plowed directly into her. She pulled off to the side of the rode for about .5068 seconds and then peaced. I followed her an got her plates and waited until the cop arrived. They tracked down the plates and it wound up being a girl form my school who I hate. I think she got a $3,500-$4,000 finer and like 9 points on her license for leaving the scene of an accident. Taught the fat bitch a lesson.

E34 530
06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
also, some of the auroras runnin around are pretty fast, especially the ones with the V8's.

SharkmanBMW
06-14-2006, 07:11 PM
well done Jay, feels good to get some justice for all of those who have been at the losing end in a parking lot.

GJPinAU
06-14-2006, 07:26 PM
Came out of the shops to find a note on the windscreen. On it was this guys phone number and a message saying he had seen someone back into my car and its gave its rego number.
There wasn't any damage done to my car except a mark which buffed out.
I rang him to say thanks, and he said he was just sick of seeing people doing this sought of **** and just driving off!
Nice guy.

TheEndIsNear
06-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Here in Washington if you hit and run a parked car its a gross misdemeanor but if you hit and run a car in traffic it's a felony offense. Both are criminal traffic offenses and both allow for jail time.

Alexlind123
06-14-2006, 08:14 PM
also, some of the auroras runnin around are pretty fast, especially the ones with the V8's.

They are still POSs and you wont catch me within 40ft of one.

TheEndIsNear
06-14-2006, 08:18 PM
I agree... But, you will see me within 40ft of one for the brief second I'm passing it...

swenpro
06-14-2006, 09:33 PM
The first Aurora was actually quite a nice car... a $40,000 sporty sedan with nice interior and well-equiped engine. Then they redesigned it after a couple years, resulting in a product that merely aided the death of the Oldsmobile brand.

The generation of Impala before the current one was not at all impressive to me. The looks were chevy-generic and it felt like the whole car was put together with generic pieces from a GM parts bin. And hey, why bother covering screws on the doors' interior? Surely they'll match some gaudy chrome add-on.

mattyb
06-15-2006, 06:23 AM
thats brilliant. This is exactly the kind of stuff I get every week and theres nothing better than doing an insurance interview with somebody who doesnt know that they are aleady fkd and have them tell u some other ******** story and then u hitem up with the witness account of the event and they just confess on tape. I saw a car getting ripped off a few months back in a supermarket carpark while i was killing time on the way to a stolen car IV. i got out and asked for the car keys when the alarm went off. they bolted but that was good enough for me. good work mate

Ross
06-15-2006, 08:33 AM
Good for you. You ought to go to court just to make sure it sticks and to watch the ******* squirm.