PDA

View Full Version : OT - Tahiti

dave b
03-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Has anyone ever been? I'm looking to go here for my honeymoon at the end of this year, and I was looking for advice.

Thanks,
Dave

Bigezvol
03-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Atlantis (Bahamas) is absolutely incredible. Father-in-law and brother-in-law were sailing around the caribbean for 3 yrs and that is one of the places we met them. The most beautiful place thus far.... expensive but awesome.

rickm
03-30-2004, 05:00 AM
Tahiti is ok, I'd seriously consider the Maldives or the Seychelles or Bali. The worst part of the trip is air, it's a fairly long flight. Maldives are beyond beautiful, you have to see it to believe it. Seychelles are a bit closer in, also nice and a bit more open. Bali is a blast.

l8apex
03-30-2004, 01:29 PM
We visited Tahiti and Bora Bora on a cruise a few years back. Tahiti is nice, especially the topless beaches, but is a bit more commercialized and over-developed for my taste.
We found Bora Bora to be idyllic. A huge lagoon with crystal-clear, warm water. Friendly, somewhat innocent inhabitants. Great, fresh local food, and a warm tropical sun.
Paradise on earth.

Hollandaise
03-30-2004, 02:13 PM
I spent several weeks on both of these islands.. Top shelf stuff. Stay at the Beachcomber on Moorea. The huts are built over the reefs, you can dive right of you deck.. Pricey but paradise ain't cheap...